9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about plastidipping my wheels soon. Right now they're "flat black" on my Taffeta White coupe. What colors would look good on TW? I was thinking gold and maybe silver?

Also I couldn't find any posts about this, if there's a duplicate please link it for me and I'll delete this one. Thanks!

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,140 Posts
The thing about white cars is that any color wheel will look good, or not clash, or look good to somebody (law of diminishing returns there - haha). The sky is the limit.

So let's see . . . on a white car, I'd do black, or red, or lime green, or copper, or bronze, or pink, or orange, or fuscia, or mauve, or . . .

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The thing about white cars is that any color wheel will look good, or not clash, or look good to somebody (law of diminishing returns there - haha). The sky is the limit.

So let's see . . . on a white car, I'd do black, or red, or lime green, or copper, or bronze, or pink, or orange, or fuscia, or mauve, or . . .
Yeah that's what I figured, I just wanted some confirmation haha. I might try bronze or a lighter color such as gold

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,140 Posts
Gold wheels are very '80s. I did my '79 Rabbit's wheels gold back in '84. Looked great with the brown paint. Then again, now that they're not very popular nowadays might be reason enough for me to go that way (again).

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just plastidipped my stock ex wheels metallic gold. Went with 4 coats of black and the man 3-4 coats of gold. Not the best picture but I will post another one when I get a chance!

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks Evo! Here's a better picture from this morning! I like how it's not FLASHY gold :)

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts