9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

• I found Goodyear Eagle Sport on sale, was looking got and buy them, but found a number of negative reviews - two issues: 1. Noise over 80 km\h 2. Not good on wet highway.
  • I had Continental TrueContact on my previous car - no issues except that i got side damange once, maybe sidewall was thick.
These tires can be found with a good discount these days.

So now I am thinking what tire model to buy? Standard Civic EX 2013 alloy wheels.
Daily driving, sometimes long distance driving on a highway as well.
I would go for quiet tires.

- Bridgestone Turanza Quiettrack looks like a great model, but it's a bit pricey.
Costco give 70$ card for 4 purchased tires now.
- Thinking also about Michelin X Tour, to wait for a promo may be...

What tires would you guys recommend?
Thank you.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I think the people that complain about tire noise are generally over sensitive. I mean this as, they generally uses a car as a tool rather than enjoyment. With tires, your always compromising something, and noise is on the bottom of my list of concerns. If I have balance issues (vibration) that's my only creature comfort issue.

Summer, winter, or both?
Tire life, or handling more important?
These answers help most.
Generally for light snow all seasons I loved my BF Goodrich comp 2 A/S. They handled well, lasted along time, and did decent in the rain. I did hydroplane once momentarily (more the road I was on rather than the tire).
Performed much better than other all seasons on a warm dry road. Performed much much worse than a UHP summer tire on a warm dry road. Was able to get home in snow under 1". Won't move in light mud/very wet grass, where a normal all season would have been better.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,405 Posts
When my stockers wore out last year I replaced them with Kumho Ecsta PA31s. I got them one size up for a little fuller look in the wheelwells.

I'm not a 'drive like ya stole it' kinda guy so I was looking for a very good all-around tire, which this was on Tirerack.com. And it's very competitively priced.

They are very competent tires. Smooth and quiet on the road, and they handle the wet very well, and light snow well, also.

I don't see why I wouldn't get 40k miles out of them.

·
Registered
2013 ex coupe 5 speed manual
65 Posts
Got some milestar 932 tires from amazon for my elantra. Very satisfied for the minimal price. Will buy for the civic later. I currently have coopers but the exact ones I have are no longer available. Good also.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I still have the OEM Firestones on my civic, and no complaints with them.
I also bought a set of Blizzaks for winter driving. I hated how the car would slide all over
the place. With the Blizzaks, its like night and day difference.
Much improved traction in the snow.

On a side note, I bought tires from Discount tires over the years and liked their customer service. Liked the lifetime balance and rotation.
Also bought tires from TireRack with good experience as well.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally, I found a set of used Bridgestone Turanza EL400-02 205/55/16" for $280 CAD which were used just for 2 months and look like new. So I've bought them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts