9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some of your help. I have a cel light last night. I scanned it came up at po420. I have had this in other cars but not familiar sith Honda's. Its a 2012 civic ex. 1.8l 150k. Hope everyone can help me.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Google shows o2 sensor fault. Might be time for a new cat. If its not too much trouble i'd pull the sensors and clean them see if that helps first. I've had cars throw a code because of dirty sensors.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Someone can correct me if I wrong, but that code can also throw for exhaust leaks. Although, at 150k it might simply be time for a new convertor and sensors.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank u for the screen picture. I have a scanner that just shows me codes. If. I clear the code then do test like picture says abd it comes back. I need to replace converter?

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Thank u for the screen picture. I have a scanner that just shows me codes. If. I clear the code then do test like picture says abd it comes back. I need to replace converter?
That's what the trouble shooting says... but I suppose it could be the down stream o2 sensor too. I have little experience with fuel and emissions problems.
I would call a local dealer or trusted mechanic and ask if they see many cats needing replacement at 150k miles?
Or is that 150k km?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
That's what the trouble shooting says... but I suppose it could be the down stream o2 sensor too. I have little experience with fuel and emissions problems.
I would call a local dealer or trusted mechanic and ask if they see many cats needing replacement at 150k miles?
Or is that 150k km?
150k yes cats can start to go.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I'd replace the O2 sensors with some quality sensors before jumping on the cat. 150K seems a bit early to me....

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I put two new sensors in cleared the cel. Just waiting to see if code comes back. I have dont 3 drive cycles and 65miles. I will test more tommorrow when i head to work.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I’m glad it worked out for you. Keep us posted!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well i thought it was fixed. 3k of Miles later code is back. I hate to just throw parts into it. Should i change the cat? What should i do. I flashed system goes out for maybe a day.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts