What did you get?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 447 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Coupe, Sedan or Hatchback

Which do you prefer, coupe, sedan or hatchback?

For now im choosing coupe, since i like sporty looking cars:)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Since I always owned a hatchback im gonna have to vote hatchback on this one. Can't see myself in a coupe or sedan.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
sedan vs coupe

So i just thought i would throw this out and try to get some honest opinions, i've never owned a coupe before but i have had a smaller sedan (Subaru STI) and i really dont know if i can live with just 2 doors. Problem is i like the look of the coupe better, so my question is which one do you currently have/plan to buy and what are the ups/downs that you have experienced? thx

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I have the coupe right now. At first I liked it a lot, and I gotta say, at times I still do. I like small cars, and the smallness of the coupe only having 2 doors is nice to me. However, the practicality of two doors might be something that you won't like. Getting to the back seats to put things is a little of a hassle. Also, if you have guests riding with you, having them move your passenger seat to get in and out not only makes that front passenger have to get out to let them out, but also when the back seat person comes out, they might step on the belt line or front door panel plastic and that's just annoying sometimes. I'm gonna be getting the sedan, I just want the practicality and space of it.

Not saying you wouldn't like the coupe, I DO like mine, just pointing out some small things that could make you think twice

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
The STI has been gone for a few years. I bought it new back in 2005 and solid it in 2008 i think. but the reason for a new civic is to replace my current daily driver, a 02 Lancer (not an EVO). The reason for the daily driver is because i dont like driving my Raptor every day and its not very user friendly when it comes to parking at my office or the gym.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Ohh, btw I like the Raptor, I'm not a big pick up truck guy but that one is nice, only seen about 2 of them so far on the road though

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
thx, its a truck in its own class! but being as wide as a H1 Hummer doesnt make it very "user friendly" around so cal, unless its out in the dirt where it belongs. Which is why im here, everyone i know that has owned a civic has never had a bad thing to say (about the car overall). Great mpg's, reliable and the aftermarket options are endless!

·
Registered
824 Posts
It's no question for me...I like/want a sedan. I have a family and even if I didn't...I'd get a 4 door anyway. More doors equal easier access for passengers/friends. imo...coupes are for younger people that don't plan/think about anyone else being in the car but themselves or a significant other.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've owned the RSX-S in the past and now currently the SI sedan. I will only say this, with the rsx, I would get pulled over on average once every two months. With the SI, its been about twice in 3 years. And honestly though my foot may be slightly heavy at times, I am overall a law-abiding driver. This is in NJ btw.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I've owned the RSX-S in the past and now currently the SI sedan. I will only say this, with the rsx, I would get pulled over on average once every two months. With the SI, its been about twice in 3 years. And honestly though my foot may be slightly heavy at times, I am overall a law-abiding driver. This is in NJ btw.
I'm in NJ too, I have a coupe, I've gotten pulled over so many times, not in a while though. Central jersey cops are a holes though, coulda been driving a horse drawn carriage and still get speeding tickets

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
The cops around here are not that bad....i throw HID"s and limo tint on all my vehicles and i never really have a problem.....except one officer that pulls me over, but the way he drives that Charger you would think he is trying out for the next Dukes of Hazzard movie!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Coupe vs. Sedan Si?

Does the Si Coupe have any particular advantage over the Sedan?

Better handling? Lighter? Different suspension tuning? Lower?

1 - 20 of 447 Posts