21 - 40 of 447 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
sedan all the way

·
Registered
980 Posts
No HFP kit for the sedan as yet, no idea if one is planned. That seems to be the only thing really notable... bodykit and HFP suspension add-on availability.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Does the Si Coupe have any particular advantage over the Sedan?

Better handling? Lighter? Different suspension tuning? Lower?
The sedan has 9.5 cubic feet more passenger room than the coupe but is 74 pounds heavier. Also the sedan has a two inch longer wheelbase. This is all information from the Honda site. The suspension "should" be the same but I'm not quite positive about that (they have the same size sway bars at least). You would have to look at that dealer handbook to see what the difference in ground clearance is between the two. Other than that, as neteng101 said, I think the only thing is that the sedans will probably get the HFP body kit and suspension after the coupe if they're actually two different suspensions.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Sedan ftw. Got rid of my 8th coupe for my FB6. No regrets.

I'm also not 20 anymore. The sedan is a much more convenient as I don't need to contort myself to get things in and out of the rear seat.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I chose the Sedan for 2 reasons.
Practicality of having 4 doors, makes it easier to utilize the space.
And the look of it.
I find the angles on the sedan vs the coupe are less 'bubble-like'.. especially at boot of the car.
Just sharper angles on the sedan.
I uploaded this pic just to kinda show what I mean.

The rear of the coupe is just too round for me. But the front end looks sportier on the coupe, but I live in Ontario, so the license plate just ruins it anyway.

·
Registered
79 Posts
But the front end looks sportier on the coupe...
I noticed that too! Still, the Coupe and Sedan each have their good angles it seems ;)

I see that the coupe is 1.5" shorter, but I can't imagine that'd make much of a handling difference? It's just that I swear I read somewhere a review saying that the coupe was more agile, quicker to respond than the sedan. I could be wrong, lol.

But yes, I too want that four-door ease and practicality, so it'd have to be a pretty big difference to sway me ;)

·
Registered
980 Posts
Si sedans are quite in demand in seems, whenever I do a search for Si in the area, they seem harder to get at the moment. In the end I suspect practicality wins out most times given the price differences are almost a wash.

·
2014 January FB2/FB6 ROTM
1,937 Posts
Si sedans are quite in demand in seems, whenever I do a search for Si in the area, they seem harder to get at the moment. In the end I suspect practicality wins out most times given the price differences are almost a wash.
Yep. Remember, honda civics whether an si or not is based for a small family car rather than an accord sedan which is much larger so praticality is in higher demand. The dealer where i got my LX just got a si sedan two wks ago and sold within a week

·
Registered
32 Posts
I chose the Sedan for 2 reasons.
Practicality of having 4 doors, makes it easier to utilize the space.
And the look of it.
I find the angles on the sedan vs the coupe are less 'bubble-like'.. especially at boot of the car.
Just sharper angles on the sedan.
I uploaded this pic just to kinda show what I mean.

The rear of the coupe is just too round for me. But the front end looks sportier on the coupe, but I live in Ontario, so the license plate just ruins it anyway.
Lol. I'm glad we can agree on one thing, aside from the front grill being black and it having fogs, it is no sportier than an LX. And I'm sorry to say this but the back end is no sportier than a 4 door Toyota Corolla. I say this because I care, I used to be a 8th gen Si Sedan owner and I honestly think the 4 dr Si is going in the direction of Toyota this gen. Until an HFP or some type of lip kit is available (which is looking slim at this point) the Sedan is blah to me, it's too bad because I have a 2 dr Si on order and would much rather own the Sedan but it looks way to much like a grocery getter this gen. If you want to see a sporty Si sedan look up the 8th gen with an HFP kit vs. the 8th gen coupe, that is the definition of bubble-like. However, this is just my opinion so don't take offense. It is more so frustration with Honda for doing this than me trying to bash.

EDIT:
Better yet, here is my old Si with basic fairly cheap mods. HFP Kit + Mugen Visors

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The Point I am trying to make is that Honda went backwards with this gen, the 4dr used to be WAY sportier, and the 2dr was kind of an (acquired?) look. But now the 2 dr is much more refined and proportioned, much like the current gen Accord. Check out the side profile shot of the new 2dr with the HFP kit below and decide for yourself.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
^ HFP Coupe looks amazing, I hope the sedan gets some kind of kit at some point.. Personally I want the sedan, I need the space, but I agree it does need a few touches to make it more aggressive looking.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The sedan has 9.5 cubic feet more passenger room than the coupe but is 74 pounds heavier. Also the sedan has a two inch longer wheelbase. This is all information from the Honda site. The suspension "should" be the same but I'm not quite positive about that (they have the same size sway bars at least). You would have to look at that dealer handbook to see what the difference in ground clearance is between the two. Other than that, as neteng101 said, I think the only thing is that the sedans will probably get the HFP body kit and suspension after the coupe if they're actually two different suspensions.
I thought there would be a significant weight difference, but according to the Honda website:

Coupe: 2877lbs
Sedan: 2895lbs

That makes the sedan only 18 more pounds, which made getting the sedan a no brainer. :thumb:

·
Registered
225 Posts
^ HFP Coupe looks amazing, I hope the sedan gets some kind of kit at some point.. Personally I want the sedan, I need the space, but I agree it does need a few touches to make it more aggressive looking.
Agree completely..the sedan does need that HFP kit to make it a little more aggressive hopefully they make one soon!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I thought there would be a significant weight difference, but according to the Honda website:

Coupe: 2877lbs
Sedan: 2895lbs

That makes the sedan only 18 more pounds, which made getting the sedan a no brainer. :thumb:
I compared the coupe vs sedan equipped with nav and regular tires. I wonder where the other 56 pounds is coming from?

Sedan: 2971 lbs
Coupe: 2897 lbs

Regardless, I like my sedan, with its phantom 56 pound weight difference! :laugh:

21 - 40 of 447 Posts