9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just showing some of you what the stock Si rims look like with plasti dip and caliper paint outline. No money for rims yet and got bored so tried this out. Let me know what you think. New rims.JPG new rims2.JPG Honda center cap.JPG

·
Registered
118 Posts
Dang Dude I was thinking about doing something like this with my stock rims. I honestly think I like it, can you show a pic of it with the whole car tho so we can get the full effect? Awesome idea

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just finished the first tire, going on this site to wait while the coats dry lol

·
Registered
170 Posts
How did you paint the H logo?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
H2O in hydrant - K9P out
2,169 Posts
Finally a set of black rims that look good. The red makes all the difference. Plain black looks so ordinary IMO. I just don't get why so many youngsters do that. That look is definitely a winner and I'm sure others will be interested to do the same. Nice job. Did you hand paint the Honda emblems. (that's what I did with mine).

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Im glad everyone thinks they are nice, I'm located in toronto so probably can't sell them. For the H I just printed it out and used double sided tape to put it on something harder like magazine front covers. Used a small knife to cut around the edges of the H then used double sided tape again to get the sticky on the back of H and taped on the center caps. With the outline I sprayed the H so it left the emblem on the center caps, like you would do on the lip. I tried paper only initially but it rips really easily and didnt want to go through the process of making four.

Ya I initially had only black but it looked too boring so I decided to do this with my spare time lol. Spraying also gives a much more even coat I noticed compared to hand painting

·
Vanilla Ice is my hero!!!
539 Posts
Wow, that looks really nice! I'll look into doing the same but with a blood orangeish type color for the H and lip.

·
Registered
279 Posts
1st off i wanna say ur wheels look clean as hell, I love the red lip and the calipers and esspecially the center caps. Thats exactly what i wanna do to mine so far theyre only plasti dipped. Is there neway u can get a close up of the center caps? I bought red h stickers from ************* and theyre way to small so im lookin for some bigger 1s.

·
Registered
28 Posts
niiiiice!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I posted the H on the center caps, it's not perfect but close enough for me. I was worried that Honda sticker wouldn't stick well to plasti dip, let me know how that goes!

I've always wanted to see other colors, red seems to be what most people do

1 - 20 of 33 Posts