9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

2014 Civic Si Sedan.

I appear to have a positive camber problem in the front - the outer edge of the tires are wearing off quicker than the inner.

1. I've read that stock MacPherson struts in general cannot be camber-adjusted. Is this true?

2. Otherwise, can camber be adjusted on a stock '14 Civic Si?

3. Or a little bit of positive camber normal?

Thank you all.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Have you had the alignment checked? What are the current camber readings?
Camber is not adjustable on our cars without aftermarket parts

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Hi everyone,

2014 Civic Si Sedan.

I appear to have a positive camber problem in the front - the outer edge of the tires are wearing off quicker than the inner.

1. I've read that stock MacPherson struts in general cannot be camber-adjusted. Is this true? Honda does not allow for adjustment beyond tolerance stacking.

2. Otherwise, can camber be adjusted on a stock '14 Civic Si? No.

3. Or a little bit of positive camber normal? What is a "little" ?

Thank you all.
Click the chart below.
Capture.PNG

·
Registered
114 Posts
Usually, a little bit of camber does not result in significant uneven tire wear on inside or outside (depending on which way the wheels are cambered). It's more likely you have too much toe in addition to camber.

I believe camber bolts for macpherson struts can be easily found online. You should only need one camber bolt per wheel to correct for camber.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Honda did a full free alignment. The results sheet does show specs and adjustments to camber and caster, but very small. It makes sense that all that can be done for those is to loosen up bolts and re-tighten. Fronts are all within spec.

However, they couldn't bring rear left camber within spec but it is only off by 16 seconds of a degree below minimum. I didn't ask why. Maybe something had gotten bent - road conditions - possible?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the same problem with my front tires. Left side shows 1.5 degrees negative and right side shows 0.5 degree positive. I bought a set of camber bolts ($15) online and got the problem fixed. Your front tires should be 0 to 0.5 degree negative.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,568 Posts
Honda did a full free alignment. . . they couldn't bring rear left camber within spec but it is only off by 16 seconds of a degree below minimum. I didn't ask why. Maybe something had gotten bent - road conditions - possible?
That needs to be addressed. Everything needs to, and should be able to be brought into spec.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Honda did a full free alignment. The results sheet does show specs and adjustments to camber and caster, but very small. It makes sense that all that can be done for those is to loosen up bolts and re-tighten. Fronts are all within spec.

However, they couldn't bring rear left camber within spec but it is only off by 16 seconds of a degree below minimum. I didn't ask why. Maybe something had gotten bent - road conditions - possible?
Can you post up the exact readings for everything?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts