9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just installed the fog light kit on my 2012 LX coupe. The install was easy enough, but after reconnecting the battery ground and trying everything out, I noticed that I am now unable to scroll through the i-menus. Everything else works except this: I press the button repeatedly and I hear a beep, but all that hapens is that the audio display winks and refreshes itself; I no longer can flip from audio to milage rating to analog clock. I have tried everything per the manual, and even reloaded the factory defaults, but no sucess. I had the battery disconnected for 24 hours during the install (don't laugh, anyone with a wife should know why this installation took so long). Does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
BTW, you don't have to do steps 14-15 per the install procedure (remove 6 clips and pull back the inner wheel-well). This is needed only because the third mounting bolt for the washer resevoir is tucked in behind it...but if you can combine two long socket extensions together, you can get the 10mm socket on it and remove it; just make sure to wrap a little tape around the bolt to hold it to the socket when reinserting it. Especially helpful when you have the car on ramps and can't turn the wheels enough to get at the wheel-well clips. Also, you WILL have to remove a cable that runs underneath the resevoir before you can move it out of the way. It's easy to remove, just pull it away from the clip mounted to the resevoir bottom and redirect it to the side. Once you've done that, you can drop the resevoir to get at the ground stud.

·
Registered
56 Posts
is your radio working? maybe you need to type in your radio code to enable everything? Sorry I couldn't be more help.

one question i do have, is your fog light control integrated with the turn signal cam or is it a button on the left side?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The radio seems to be working fine (I held the power button for 2 seconds with the key in ignition-mode). I might try the radio code just to be sure, but I'm not getting any error messages or lockouts from it, so I wouldn't think it would be the problem.

The fog light control is integrated with the turn-signal/headlamplight control lever module. The kit came with a new drop-in module; looks just like the original except there is an added fog lamp control on it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Didn't purchase it from CHH (got it from Voss Honda in OH), but I will ask CHH nonetheless. They may have an answer; if so, I will post it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the answer! I talked with the service manager from Voss Honda, and after some serious head-scratching, he suggested removing both ground cables from the battery, connecting the main ground cable to the positive cable for 15 minutes, and then reconnecting both ground cables to the battery.

It worked! All menus are back, and everything works as before.

He figured what with all the electronics, maybe I introduced a ghost in the machine when I did the first disconnect on the battery, and grounding everything in the system prior to reconnecting would force a clean reboot.

Hope this helps anyone who has to do a disconnect on the battery!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts