Votes: 108 88.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 668 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tinted 2012 EX-L

Just got it done today. 40% all around. Reads 31% with the equipment to check. http://civicexl2012.shutterfly.com/pictures/23

Reactions: Digger

·
Registered
266 Posts
Those tints look nice. A used car I bought had some crazy dark tints. 20% or something like that with 5% in the back. It was wack. You defiantly made the right choice with the tint job. It's not too dark, but dark enough.

can't see pics. need to login to view em. take screen shots of them!
I have no problem seeing the pictures, no need to login either.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks good but did you do the back too? It looks completely clear on the pic! lol
Yes I sure did I think it's from the sun it was hitting it right in that spot.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Nice!!! I just love the new look of the sedan's rear. The front looks similar to the 8th's.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea probably is, looks good though, get a good deal on it?

@ Hawk yea me too man, the back of the sedan looks even better in person, really nice stuff
Paided $220 and he does a great job had my 8th gen done at the same place. No bubbles at all and one solid rear window piece.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Windows tinted on my ASM EX4

Went with 35% to keep the fuzz off. Looks clean.

Next up, wheels. Drop as soon as available!

Before:

After:

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
niceee! looks really good! Are u gonna do the lights too? :D

I have a question, can cops tell that it is 35% or would they have to pull someone over and use a little machine to check?

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
nice, I like the 35%.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Nice, looks good bro!

niceee! looks really good! Are u gonna do the lights too? :D

I have a question, can cops tell that it is 35% or would they have to pull someone over and use a little machine to check?
most states, any tint on the front windows is illegal, so doesnt matter what % it is....if they are tinted its a ticket regardless of how dark. Not sure what machine you are talking about though....

·
Registered
565 Posts
I definitely plan to smoke my headlights and tails. I just haven't had time to do it.

I'm going to see if there's any way for me to separate the lens from the housing easily, and if so, I may use the spray-paint product to "smoke" them.

As for how police can tell if they are 35%... I have no idea. All I know is mine have more see-thru visibility than most other cars I notice on the road but still looks nice and dark.

Also... black grill will be had when available.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I guess my car will replicate what the concept looked like... which was super sexy.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Well depending on which state you are allowed tint on the upper eyebrow of the front windshield, usually no more than 4" down.

And, yes police do have a special tool they use to check window tint, I have never seen per say, but my friends and their friends have, but I don't know if it's widely used across the country though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nice. I really like the look of that tint for 35%. Makes the car look so much better! :)

Nice, looks good bro!

most states, any tint on the front windows is illegal, so doesnt matter what % it is....if they are tinted its a ticket regardless of how dark. Not sure what machine you are talking about though....
My understanding is that the police have a laser tint meter that they place over the window that reads the level of light penetrating and thus the tint %. That way they can issue a ticket if its illegal in that state. I personally haven't had any issues with my 15% on my '04 Civic and I haven't actually ever seen the meter, but I have had a local Sheriff tell me that they can check they just don't usually care.

Here are some examples of what meter they might have in their vehicles:
Laser Labs - Products - Window Tint Meter - Window Film Measurment

·
Registered
565 Posts
My tint guys did to the A-S1(?) line on the windshiled. They said anything below that will not pass inspection. They also said fronts need to be 50% and rears 35%, but I went 35% all-around, screw it.

1 - 20 of 668 Posts