Is tint kool?

• no

Votes: 14 11.1%
  • yes

Votes: 112 88.9%
315K views 667 replies 290 participants last post by  gil408 
#1 ·
Tinted 2012 EX-L

Just got it done today. 40% all around. Reads 31% with the equipment to check. http://civicexl2012.shutterfly.com/pictures/23

Reactions: Digger
#3 ·
Those tints look nice. A used car I bought had some crazy dark tints. 20% or something like that with 5% in the back. It was wack. You defiantly made the right choice with the tint job. It's not too dark, but dark enough.

I have no problem seeing the pictures, no need to login either.

#11 · (Edited)
Windows tinted on my ASM EX4

Went with 35% to keep the fuzz off. Looks clean.

Next up, wheels. Drop as soon as available!

Before:

After:

Attachments

#15 ·
Nice, looks good bro!

niceee! looks really good! Are u gonna do the lights too? :D

I have a question, can cops tell that it is 35% or would they have to pull someone over and use a little machine to check?
most states, any tint on the front windows is illegal, so doesnt matter what % it is....if they are tinted its a ticket regardless of how dark. Not sure what machine you are talking about though....

#14 ·
nice, I like the 35%.

#16 ·
I definitely plan to smoke my headlights and tails. I just haven't had time to do it.

I'm going to see if there's any way for me to separate the lens from the housing easily, and if so, I may use the spray-paint product to "smoke" them.

As for how police can tell if they are 35%... I have no idea. All I know is mine have more see-thru visibility than most other cars I notice on the road but still looks nice and dark.

Also... black grill will be had when available.

#17 ·
I guess my car will replicate what the concept looked like... which was super sexy.

#18 ·
Well depending on which state you are allowed tint on the upper eyebrow of the front windshield, usually no more than 4" down.

And, yes police do have a special tool they use to check window tint, I have never seen per say, but my friends and their friends have, but I don't know if it's widely used across the country though.

#20 ·
My tint guys did to the A-S1(?) line on the windshiled. They said anything below that will not pass inspection. They also said fronts need to be 50% and rears 35%, but I went 35% all-around, screw it.

#21 ·
Fronts 50% shheeeet, Is that new clear-blue AIR Blue windshield tint legal in your state?

#22 ·
I don't even know, bro. But it sounds like it could be :)

#23 ·
Yeah look into it, it's fairly new but it goes across your whole windshield, blocks out like half the heat I believe. Nice... But it's a little more on the dollar side

#24 ·
The 7-series I just traded in for my Civic had the infrared windshield. It was so cash... I miss that car :(

#27 ·
i lucked out and my dealer gave me lifetime warranty tint from them. yours looks good

#32 ·
getting 35% on my blue sedan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.