9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys my name is Kevin from RI. I have been searching dealers recently looking for a 2012 si sedan. A few dealers quoted me 21,800 but I recently had a dealer quote me 20,700 for the sedan and 20,800 for the sedan w/ summer tires. I have searched the thread about what deals did you get and this seems decent. So my two questions are:
1) Do you think that is a good deal for me, I will have a trade in (99 Chevy S10, 86K)
2) If I do end up getting the SI, should I go with the summer or all season tires. I will be driving the car all year when Im not driving my motorcycle, but would the summer tires hold up all year and for a while or should I just stick w/ the stock all seasons.
Thanks for the help.

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
welcome to da thug life club homeskillet.... i got da summer tires... had no prob in da winter rolling here in TN.... but you may be rollin deeper in da white fluffies den me so..i dontz know.... but i like da summer threads!!

·
Registered
833 Posts
I think you might have to consider color before tires. is the color you want available with summer tires? some people dont like the a/s tires . i put mine on my aftermarket wheels and will replace with summer tires when they wear out,no problem. as for your deal. you have to figure in your trade too. are you prepared to take a loss on your s10? The purchase price sounds good but in the end its only you that can determine if its a deal you can live with. welcome

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think you might have to consider color before tires. is the color you want available with summer tires? some people dont like the a/s tires . i put mine on my aftermarket wheels and will replace with summer tires when they wear out,no problem. as for your deal. you have to figure in your trade too. are you prepared to take a loss on your s10? The purchase price sounds good but in the end its only you that can determine if its a deal you can live with. welcome
I want the crystal black pearl for the color. I mean it will be hard for me to get rid of my s10, its my first truck and I have had it since I was 16, I'm 23 now and have done a decent amount of mods to it. I would like something better then the s10 in the snow thought. As for the purchase price it also includes the destination and handling fee. I of course have to get to the dealer and crunch all the numbers and see what it really boils down to before I make the decision. The car is a want not necessarily a need as the s10 is in really good shape and only has 86K so if the price doesn't totally fit what I'm comfortable with I wouldn't get it. Thanks for the heads up on the tires thought.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
I ran the all-seasons in the quite snowy northwoods of Michigan all winter and managed to stay out of the ditch. I would rate these tires at best a 6 out of 10 for winter driving and would suggest anyone that will drive in snowy conditions buy winter tires soon.

This car deserves a quality set of both warm and cold climate tires.

Color is good, price is good, what is the hold up again? Buy the car and enjoy life in ways an S-10 will never provide.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ran the all-seasons in the quite snowy northwoods of Michigan all winter and managed to stay out of the ditch. I would rate these tires at best a 6 out of 10 for winter driving and would suggest anyone that will drive in snowy conditions buy winter tires soon.

This car deserves a quality set of both warm and cold climate tires.

Color is good, price is good, what is the hold up again? Buy the car and enjoy life in ways an S-10 will never provide.
Haha just gotta see if the price fits my budget...still paying on my bike, gotta check insurance, and just graduated last year and started grad school. I set up and appt for Saturday so I can see how the numbers all work out. Thanks for the info.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Do yourself and favor and don't look at the cost of insurance quite yet. Ouch!

negotiate your deal as if there will be no trade in, pop it in right at the end then the dealer cannot really conceal the crappy trade in value. Good luck in your quest.

Reactions: dagocrazy

·
Registered
303 Posts
I thought that the Si sedans didn't come from Honda with summer tires only the coupe. Be sure to double check. Good luck.

Oh yeah, I got 10k for my 2002 BMW. It had 46k miles. Hope that helps.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I thought that the Si sedans didn't come from Honda with summer tires only the coupe. Be sure to double check. Good luck.

Oh yeah, I got 10k for my 2002 BMW. It had 46k miles. Hope that helps.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
The dealer quoted me prices on sedans w/ and w/o the summer tires, also on the Honda site when you build a sedan si its an option, so I assume it must be available. Not a huge deal to me either way, not going to be a deal breaker either way ya know

Do yourself and favor and don't look at the cost of insurance quite yet. Ouch!

negotiate your deal as if there will be no trade in, pop it in right at the end then the dealer cannot really conceal the crappy trade in value. Good luck in your quest.
Thats a good idea, good looks on that one...ya Im not expecting too much for the truck, the KBB is I think 3700 or something around there for trade in price.

·
Registered
833 Posts
i also own a 2003 s-10 i was thinking of lowering it but the 4cyl is really low on power and it really is just a utility vehicle . kinda rough riding and the bed dents and bends easily. out of the two i would always drive the Civic and let my grandmother use the s-10 daily. really to me there is no comparing the two but i live in rural area and need a truck too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i also own a 2003 s-10 i was thinking of lowering it but the 4cyl is really low on power and it really is just a utility vehicle . kinda rough riding and the bed dents and bends easily. out of the two i would always drive the Civic and let my grandmother use the s-10 daily. really to me there is no comparing the two but i love in rural area and need a truck too.
ya I have always liked my s10... it is nice to have a truck I agree. I have a brand new 3/3 lowering kit for my truck and a body kit that is just hanging around, I always wanted to finish my truck, its like 90% done ha but want something better and snow, and now kinda want a new toy besides the bike to start fresh.

·
Registered
833 Posts
ya I have always liked my s10... it is nice to have a truck I agree. I have a brand new 3/3 lowering kit for my truck and a body kit that is just hanging around, I always wanted to finish my truck, its like 90% done ha but want something better and snow, and now kinda want a new toy besides the bike to start fresh.
Im sure you will like the civic si .there are lots and lots of forum members who really love their cars as you probably have seen.its not really fast but has a great balance of handling ,style ,speed,fuel mileage and fun factor when combined with a strong resale value make it a winner in my book. pull the trigger and get it in black.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Excellent idea, young people get killed on insurance rates.
In my state even old geezers like me with a 17 year old son driving get creamed.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Fuel mileage is great for what this car is actually. Last three tanks calculated out to be 33.22, 32.80, and 33.84 over the last two weeks of my normal commute. Love trucks too and that is why I keep the old trusty F-150 around.

Get Black and don't look back.

·
Registered
157 Posts
No idea what ur thread title even means and why is blue star talking dumb? Isn't he a hillbilly?!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Yeah a hillbully I think for a day. Cross tween a hillbilly and a thug for a day. I think he is speaking english again now though.

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
Yeah a hillbully I think for a day. Cross tween a hillbilly and a thug for a day. I think he is speaking english again now though.

lmao... yes...i am once again speaking the queens english.... i have my moments sometimes....lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts