9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im thinking of powder coating the stock wheels..

Any body got pics of wheels they powder coated, also in Socal which is a good shop.. Thanks

·
Registered
189 Posts
ill be doing it first time I need tires

·
Registered
209 Posts
i wanna do this too..u know how much this be costing to do like a estimate...and i seen a forum member plastidip his stockies and it came out perfect but idk if thats a good idea

·
2014 January FB2/FB6 ROTM
1,937 Posts
i wanna do this too..u know how much this be costing to do like a estimate...and i seen a forum member plastidip his stockies and it came out perfect but idk if thats a good idea
Plastidip is inexpensive and looks good. My frend has it also on his wheels for his accord for roughly 7 months now and it seems fine. It would only look bad if u purposely peel it off but other than that, its good cheaper than powder coating if ur tight on money

·
Registered
189 Posts
No plastic dip just powdercoat it

·
Registered
225 Posts
i think powder coating is around $300 but dont quote me on that

·
Registered
572 Posts
I'm thinking about doing this too...just don't know much about it at all. and i don't wanna do it when winter is coming soon, they put a shit ton of salt down here in maryland :/

·
Registered
572 Posts
what's wrong with plastidip on them? a couple of my buddies have it on their wheels and it looks fine. is there some downfall to it that i don't know about?

·
Registered
22 Posts
i got it in glossy black with red lips on my 09si
i wouldnt do it peels of from a tiny rock. ofcourse it looks good but when u get real close by u just wanna go back in time :)
i paid $500 in GA atlanta

·
2014 January FB2/FB6 ROTM
1,937 Posts
what's wrong with plastidip on them? a couple of my buddies have it on their wheels and it looks fine. is there some downfall to it that i don't know about?
nothings wrong with plastidip, but powdercoatings lasts much longer in the end and looks better. plastidip is like a replacement til you save enuff to do a powdercoat. it also fades afterwhile in my opinion but it looks fine if you got no moneys lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
So does anyone have any pics of their wheels after they powdercoated them? I am looking in to this for my new EX. I like the rims and don't really feel like spending a fortune on new ones. This seems like a good alternative and it also keeps the original wheels with the car for the future. Please post any pics if there are any. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I want to do this but don't have extra wheels to put on while they are done,I will get black lug nuts also to go 100 percent black.I love the look but don't like all the hassle getting it done,I can't afford another set of rims but that would be the easy way to go,def gloss black!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts