9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was there the other night, and I pre-ordered the NGK Spark plugs, I asked him these are not stock are they, he said no, so I said I would get a little better mpg, and a little performance he said , yea. So its like $60, do you think these are good for more performance?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Not so much that you would feel a difference. My friend has a 07si and he got the pulsar spark plugs and new injectors stock size. He said you can't really feel any difference but it is easier to start on those cold days. I think ngk is the stock plugs for 12 si. Not sure though. Read it before in the owners manual but not 100%. Also to change them you will have to take off your cowl to get back there. He brought it to Honda and they charged him 130 for the work! Lol

Sent from my SCH-R720 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not so much that you would feel a difference. My friend has a 07si and he got the pulsar spark plugs and new injectors stock size. He said you can't really feel any difference but it is easier to start on those cold days. I think ngk is the stock plugs for 12 si. Not sure though. Read it before in the owners manual but not 100%. Also to change them you will have to take off your cowl to get back there. He brought it to Honda and they charged him 130 for the work! Lol

Sent from my SCH-R720 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Damn I mean I can take that off, but some people say we have ngk and some people say we don't but I dont want to get the damn stock one, I want to upgrade to a performance one for better mpg, better start, and a little better hp. I dont think you have to take the Crowl off tho do you?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
yes you will have to take the cowl off that is the only way to get the coil comps out unless you can squeeze them thru that little space and changing out the NGK's the car came with isnt gonna make any difference in how the car is gonna react whether it is better mpg or better performance the NGK plugs are some of the best plugs out there also too the Denso Plugs too which come on some Hondas too

·
Registered
144 Posts
You aren't going to see any measurable difference with the non-OEM plugs. Maybe if you had already made major modifications (exhaust + intake + injectors + forced induction, and more).

I would cancel your order and stay with the stock plugs.

Chip H.

·
Registered
248 Posts
the stock plugs are denso iridum. They work pretty good but I have never been a fan, on the dyno ngk almost always made a few more hp.

The plugs in this motor are the odd 12mm thread long plugs, similar to the ones the v6's use. I posted an NGK part number here a while back for the stock equivalent and one heat range colder.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts