9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a DSP together with amp with the EX's non-premium radio and I can't handle the poor quality. Wish to install a single DIN Pioneer but don't want to lose the iMID song display and bluetooth. So I am thinking to get the premium audio in my EX to get the differential balanced signal directly to JL HD600/4. I have no plan to change the face of the radio though. Wondering if this will work. Thanks~!

·
Registered
164 Posts
I Think it might be to big of a job to get done. You would have to find the amp from the civics with the premium sound system. Then all the wire harnesses for the amp then all the speakers. It could probably be done but will cost you much more then getting a aftermarket system with better sound. UNLESS you can find a 9th gen civic in the wreckers with the premium sound system which I highly doubt.

·
Registered
55 Posts
yeah that might work ....I have a 10 and 12 si and with both of them it came with premium system in both and i just had to run power for my amp and a remote wire that i tided into the fused box( what ever fuse turn on the radio i just pushed the wire in there was fine) and my 1250.1 kicker amp just just the wires that were going to my stock sub in the back and ran the + and - to the red and white RCA input on my amp for the input(my kicker amp can handle the the voltage from system so it fine or else you else a converter)

but everything works greats and i can control the sub volume of the stock deck plus a separate amp volume control

i have to figure out how to post pics on here

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. Let me clarify this: I am NOT going to use the Premium amp. I only use the Premium HU and connect directly an amp. From other Honda forums I learn that the Premium HU sends out totally flat low level balanced digital signal, so that's what I want. I am going to connect the two pairs of front speaker wires to RCA into HD600/4. What I wonder is the wiring, because if some wires are absent (bside the 4 shield wires which will not be used) then I will not be able to use it, even the face control might not work too.

·
Registered
164 Posts
If I am correct the Premium Head Unit has different coupler connections. I may be wrong but from experience high end vs low end always have different connections.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I am not sure. I currently have a HA11B connected to an Accord premium reverse harness (plug into radio) and it does make sound and can use all functions. I think there are several lines that are not used at all, such that there are no positive and negative dimmer wire, something like the K-line doesn't exist, and there is no remote wire (to power stock premium amp).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts