9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
PRL Motorsports Civic SI Turbo System Dyno Results!!! ... Dynojet and Mustang

Just wanted to share the results and compile them into one post to make it all easier for you all find and look at. We also took a trip to vist TPG Tuning to use their Mustang dyno. Big thanks to Jay and Nate for their time and use of equipment today.

What we are going to look at is the 4.5psi (wastegate spring) and 10psi runs on our Dynojet and 5psi (wastegate spring) vs 8psi on TPG Tuning's Mustang dyno. The car was running anbot .5 psi more on the Mustang dyno on the gate. Unfortunately we could not do anything over 8.5psi on the Mustang dyno due to tire spin. I will post a pic showing that. Wish I would have got a video, that would have been beter considering the tire smoke over the fenders :rockwoot:

4.5psi vs 10psi Dynojet Dyno

5psi vs 8psi Mustang Dyno, Please excuse the mislabeling of the boost pressure

5psi vs 10-11psi wheel spin ... We tried to stap the car in 3 different manors but no go. This is the best we got ...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Was this a single roller or dual roller mustang dyno? Sucks about the wheel spin. We were able to get away with using two straps crossing in the front and three in the back. Also the 9.5" contact patch from the 20*10.5 wheels helped void any possible wheel spin the car would have had.

·
Registered
270 Posts
An I reading this correctly? Does this say that it produced 300 ft/lbs of torque and 320 horse? Holy shit if that's true.... ?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
On the dynojet with 10 psi its showing 380 hp with 349lb/tq. That's great numbers. I'm ready for some videos of this beast

K24Z7 Crew Member #45.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Was this a single roller or dual roller mustang dyno? Sucks about the wheel spin. We were able to get away with using two straps crossing in the front and three in the back. Also the 9.5" contact patch from the 20*10.5 wheels helped void any possible wheel spin the car would have had.
Dual roller, see pic. We had 4 straps on the front, 2 crossed in tradition manor from the tow hooks and 2 pulling down off the control arms. We even drop tire pressure to 20 psi and the result was what you see above, that was not the tire smoking run

·
Registered
248 Posts
put some vht in a spray bottle and spray it on the tires.. works wonders on those small roller dynos..

The numbers look great, is this with the stock intake or an RBC and what turbo are you guys using?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Wow! Very awesome!!! What size injectors is this on... I'd love to see someone feed this setup some CORN! (e85) :corngrin:

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I hope y'all can beat full race outrages price! I'm not looking to drop 10k on a turbo kit after its all said and done.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
put some vht in a spray bottle and spray it on the tires.. works wonders on those small roller dynos..

The numbers look great, is this with the stock intake or an RBC and what turbo are you guys using?
Looks like the stock manifold!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
248 Posts
The full race kit is $4600... PRL is more than that and doesnt include a ball bearing turbo.

The precision cea turbo with the prl kit is a $800 turbo.. the EFR full race uses is a $1800 turbo

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
The full race kit is $4600... PRL is more than that and doesnt include a ball bearing turbo.

The precision cea turbo with the prl kit is a $800 turbo.. the EFR full race uses is a $1800 turbo
Found it! PRL kit is 6K for everything (w/ball bearing). Umm yea its cheaper.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I don't care about base price, its what you wind up paying in the end and that's my point.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts