9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put the prl rbc manifold on and I know this sounds weird but my heater won't work on defrost?? And also the car feels like it has no balls at all. Also at about 45-50mph im feeling a hesitation. Now I already have a p0171 which is a bank 1 system to lean but I had the same code after I installed the down pipe and exhaust but I didn't feel a loss of power? Has anyone had any issues when installing the manifold?

·
Registered
569 Posts
I know it sounds simple but you did refill the coolant system after you installed the manifold right? Where did you put both ground wire connections? Can you take an up close shot of the manifold installed so I can see if it is something obvious that I can see.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I did refill I let the car idle for maybe 1hr trying to burp air out and it seems to be all out. I put my grounds on the manifold itself one is behind the rail and one is infront of the rail. It's hard to take a pic right now don't really have good light.

Attachments

·
Registered
569 Posts
Where you have them should be fine. I'm concerned that the code was there prior to the manifold install and possibly the extra airflow is magnifying the problem that was already there. Do you have flashpro?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I have flashpro and the car has already been dyno tuned once for the exhaust, down pipe, and injen cold air.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Code was not there before at all no cel prior. The code I'm not to worried about I was expecting that anyways. But the bogging type hesitation was weird

·
Registered
569 Posts
So the code was there after the downpipe and exhaust, you had it tuned and it did away with the code, now after the install, the code is back?

·
Registered
569 Posts
If you want to give me a call tomorrow and we'll go over some things. Needing a retune for the manifold is all that is coming to mind right now for me. Maybe someone else will chime in with advice on it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bottom tube on tb goes to the black coolant line I think I'd have to go look at it again. Any idea how there supposed to run?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok I'll call tomorrow sometime around 12-100 your time. Yea I know it's gonna need a retune with the new manifold already expected that. But I should feel a hp increase either way.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Privman had the same issue... I could have sworn that it was his grounding points that was his issue. Was resolved when he moved them to the valve cover.
also, did the op connect the coolant lines on the tb correctly?
same spot at op and no problem here. even vit tuned my car.

ground to valve cover is not a good spot.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Privman had the same issue... I could have sworn that it was his grounding points that was his issue. Was resolved when he moved them to the valve cover.
also, did the op connect the coolant lines on the tb correctly?
Correct

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
It was a bitch to get my heat back. Excuse my French but that's the only word that describes it. I had to burp, drive, burp, drive add coolant, burp, drive, add coolant. Lol seriously went two weeks without heat. I finally elavated the car and filled and burped for a good two hours. Got my heat back though! I also switched my coolant hoses that go to my throttle body.

As for my ground. I went on a road trip with one wire being on valve cover and other on the spot on RBC. I kept blowing my coil ignition fuse. Thought it was bad gas at first. Shipped it to Honda and he moved my ground wire to where both were on valve cover. Said my thermal gasket was blocking ground that it should be getting. Paid 89$ and was on my way.

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1363076276.093312.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 20 of 43 Posts