9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Waiting patiently for my Prl Turbo Kit with the Garret GTX 3071r to put on my 2012 Civic Coupe I have ACT 6 puck Clutch and Fly Wheel kit with Hybrid Racing 8th gen Clutch Master cylinder unpgrade with braided line and will be using Vit Viper to Tune . My Ultimate question is any tips for install and any other supporting mods to include for install ?? Any help is greatly appreciated . I will be adding the Hasport Rear only 80a motor mount also

·
Registered
160 Posts
its not hard if you have basic mechanical skills

1. when you drop the sub-frame make sure you take the 2 bolts off the steering rack and tie it up to the car chassis so it doesn't come off the steering column sleeve. This is a nightmare trying to get it lined back up correctly.

2. make sure to cut the gear selector weight off the bracket for piping clearence. this pic was taking from another site just so you know what I'm talking about. tab4.jpg

3. since you have the slave cylinder off do the Clutch delay valve delete, makes a world of difference but is a pain. theres a lot of post about this and youtube.

4. RBC swap is a must to get maximum HP. PRL makes a plug and play kit.

5. Mount the turbo to the flange before you mount to the head...getting the back left bolt is not gonna happen with it on the car unless you have some crazy specialized tool I didnt have..lol.

6. Tap the oil pain vs the return setup that comes with the kit (personal preference).

7. Torque to spec! Torque to spec! Torque to spec!....did I mention Torque to Spec?

8. Extra set of hands with dropping tranny and reinstallation is always a good Idea.

9. Make sure you contact Vit with what you have now to get a basemap before starting car. He's about to be mad busy this month so you want to get that in now.

10. you may want to move this to the build section.

11. I ran the water lines off the lines on the throttle body for my GTX3076r, not sure if you planned on running water lines or not.

Thats pretty much all I can think of off the top of my head. If you run into issues or have questions please feel free to hit me up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the INFO . im already tuned by Vit.now so im use to his tuning process . The PRL RBC manifold i was going to just skip because im only looking for 400-410 hp max and feel the money could be spent on something more productive like the stoptech brake upgrade kit .
Thanks for the input im looking forward to the install .

·
Registered
82 Posts
I didn't drop the sub-frame i took the turbo apart and put it together piece by piece what a pain in the ass that was but it worked out lol. Did you get fuel injectors and fuel pump with the kit?

·
Registered
49 Posts

1. when you drop the sub-frame make sure you take the 2 bolts off the steering rack and tie it up to the car chassis so it doesn't come off the steering column sleeve. This is a nightmare trying to get it lined back up correctly.

2. make sure to cut the gear selector weight off the bracket for piping clearence. this pic was taking from another site just so you know what I'm talking about. View attachment 403130

3. since you have the slave cylinder off do the Clutch delay valve delete, makes a world of difference but is a pain. theres a lot of post about this and youtube.

5. Mount the turbo to the flange before you mount to the head...getting the back left bolt is not gonna happen with it on the car unless you have some crazy specialized tool I didnt have..lol.

6. Tap the oil pain vs the return setup that comes with the kit (personal preference).

7. Torque to spec! Torque to spec! Torque to spec!....did I mention Torque to Spec?

8. Extra set of hands with dropping tranny and reinstallation is always a good Idea.

9. Make sure you contact Vit with what you have now to get a basemap before starting car. He's about to be mad busy this month so you want to get that in now.

11. I ran the water lines off the lines on the throttle body for my GTX3076r, not sure if you planned on running water lines or not.

Thats pretty much all I can think of off the top of my head. If you run into issues or have questions please feel free to hit me up.
Cut the gear selector counterweight?? I didn't have to do that.. Did you leave yours off or put it back on??

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
160 Posts
I wacked it off just to be sure of clearance before I ran all my piping. Those instructions basically came from another vendors website and I used it as a basic guide to do my install. Mind you there are some differences between the kits. When I swapped my turbonetics for my GTX3076r it made a difference due to how I had the oil lines/compressor housing clocked.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I wacked it off just to be sure of clearance before I ran all my piping. Those instructions basically came from another vendors website and I used it as a basic guide to do my install. Mind you there are some differences between the kits. When I swapped my turbonetics for my GTX3076r it made a difference due to how I had the oil lines/compressor housing clocked.
Well mine is hitting the coolant line above and giving me anti freeze leaks.. How does shifting feel with out that weight on?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
82 Posts

2. make sure to cut the gear selector weight off the bracket for piping clearence. this pic was taking from another site just so you know what I'm talking about. View attachment 403130

Have you noticed any issues removing that weight off the shift linkage?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts