9th Gen Civic Forum banner

problem with Si seat bolsters

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  DavidNYY 
#1 ·
I recently got a 2015 Si sedan. I really like the Si seats. They hold me in pretty well in corners.
What I am finding after adjusting to the handling ability of the Si though - by going around corners faster than before and accelerating out of corners faster than before (thanks to the LSD, the car pulls itself out and rotates quite nice!) - I am finding that my ribs in the middle of my body are sore after driving.
I think it's because they are being supported by the side bolsters in turns but the support is not even across the entire side. There is one point where the bolster is closest to my ribs and they feel like they dig in when I lean in a corner.

I've tried to push against the side bolster by hand, it doesn't seem to have a lot of give. I'm wondering if anyone's experienced this before and have tried to push the bolster outward just a little in one corner to give it a more even support surface. I think there must be a metal bracket in there, or it would have a lot more give when pushed by hand.

#2 ·
I spent like over an hour on google trying to see what other people did to their Si side bolsters and didn't find anything useful but did see people mention they adjust their seat back one click from straight up. On my way to work today, I remembered to try that and voila.. that almost totally took the pressure off my ribs from the side bolsters. When I was leaning back more, my weight would push my ribs into the side bolsters. So I was wrong about turning fast as the culprit. I noticed even just driving straight down the road, whenever I pushed in the clutch, my right rib would get pushed into the bolster a little more. After sitting almost completely straight up, which is way more straight than I imagined would be comfortable, I found my weight was no longer on my back but more on my butt, so my back is much more relaxes just slightly supported by the seat back. After getting to work, it's a breathe of fresh air to not feel sore ribs like the last couple days. :p

#4 ·
Do side crunches and build up those lats.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.