Not open for further replies.
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,074 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
I'm kind of surprised it is such a landslide, not enough credit given to the other rides IMHO.
If everyone can take this post with a grain of salt, I'll give some constructive criticism to all the cars in this months poll. I would greatly appreciate some on my own car.

Alright... one by one..

Visually it looks stock. For me, that is the glory of it but for many "tuners" they just want the car to look different. Performance-wise it is clearly in another bracket than most SIs on the road. If we were on a drag strip it is obvious who would win. It's hard to tell you to go lower because you have a great suspension. Some new wheels and window visors would change the stock look a lot in my opinion.

I already said this thing is glorious. Only serious change Id make is tearing the EZlip off before I even beeped the doors open. Probably take the tow hook off as well. But this thing is near perfect!

Myself, I've never been a fan of the Battles. Though many many people are. I'm not a fan of the smoked lights but again that is something many many people are a fan of.
Some performance mods, simple stuff like an intake and downpipe would make the car sound nice and add to the mods list. A front lip would really set that front end on fire.

Love the front lip and the black on black works here. Though I'm not a fan of the wheel choice the main thing are the center caps. Some plain balck caps I think would look better. Aside from that I honestly think you just need some better pictures to show off the whip. Take a few steps back and try to get the horizon level so it doesnt look like you had the camera crooked. Looking good otherwise.

Alright, now I expect everyone to tell me how amazing my car is and how to make it better.

P.S. Red font for sarcasm.

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
Voted, nice rides fellas

·
Registered
57 Posts
thanks usdmjon for the feedback! as for your ride... honestly it looks good enough for me. nice and simple lol. i would probably add sideskirts and maybe bags in the future?

·
Baned
8,521 Posts
Im new to the site so idk how to vote. It said that "i may not vote on this poll"
There is a time limit in place for new people to be able to vote in Ride of the Month so that people don't have their friends sign up and vote for them without being participating members on the site. I think you can start voting after a month or so.

Edit: and maybe a post count requirement too. You only have 9.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
Not a big fan of the front lip usdm besides that I am a big fan of all the rides

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
Not a big fan of the front lip usdm besides that I am a big fan of all the rides
Sort of like putting a lip under your HFP front lip. I'm not sure I would do it either I would have see something like that in person before I would do something like that.

·
Registered
754 Posts
thanks usdmjon for the feedback! as for your ride... honestly it looks good enough for me. nice and simple lol. i would probably add sideskirts and maybe bags in the future?
Both on my to do list.
I want bags really bad but I probably wont go that route for a couple years honestly. Id rather pay the car off first.
As for side skirts, I want to OEM skirts but they are EXPENSIVE. I'll have to save up. I want to get some skirt extensions and puddle lights installed on the oem sides then install. Will look sweet!!

And DAMN!!! Tied for second. Now I really wish I voted for my own car. :( So close to a free TBS.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Sort of like putting a lip under your HFP front lip. I'm not sure I would do it either I would have see something like that in person before I would do something like that.
Wait what? Ghost monkey has the HFP lip, I dont think he should add a lip to that lip, I think Braden can add a front lip to his gunmetal civic.
Ghosts front end looks great as is in my opinion. I dont think my style splitter would look good on there because the HFP is very boxy where as the splitter is one big curve. His car looks great as is. Just need some better angle pictures to show the entire car plus wheels.

Awwww really? The black one right? Not the color matched OEM lip that covers the same area as your hfp lip?
I love that thing. One of the first mods I did to my car and I cant even count how many people I have showed how to install the same thing. I know I didnt think of the idea. Hell before I came here civic owners were doing it. But in the ILX world a few guys claim I started it and I enjoy that. hahaha

Damn. 5 days left and we've got a tie for second. TOTALLY kicking myself for not saving my vote for my own whip.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
In the end guys as long as we like the look of our rides is what's important.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,074 Posts
I like that window for two reasons - visibility, and it reminds me of older cars that had fly windows.

·
Registered
754 Posts
IMO it would be 100x better if that little window was part of the mechanical window and could roll down. Otherwise it just reminds me of a 2012 Yaris. Yuuuuck. I say Yaris because my friend Christine had one and I HATED those windows on it. I used to make fun of them all the time. Then one night in Hollywood at Roscoe's we walk out to her car and someone had BROKEN that small window. ONLY THAT ONE. Nothing stolen, just broke that stupid pointless window. It was the hardest thing in the world to not laugh the entire way home because I hated those windows and clearly someone else did too. hahaha

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,074 Posts
That's sad, on a number of levels.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.