9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow 9th geners im pleased to bring you my new daily project really wish i had a few locals willing to do the theme with me. but hey ill make it cool on my own. lol

Project Black Lion:

2014 Civic Si

Objective: Awesome looking and sounding 500+hp (safe) daily

so far only mod i have done is dsp error remove and htc m9 armrest usb to mirror phone for gps, tv etc. lots more to come stay tuned!!!
blacklioncloseup1.jpg 20160217_152010.jpg 20160217_152018.jpg 20160217_152028.jpg 20160217_152038.jpg

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,405 Posts
Welcome to 9th gen.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I like your build name! :wigglesmiley:

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Hello fellow 9th geners im pleased to bring you my new daily project really wish i had a few locals willing to do the theme with me. but hey ill make it cool on my own. lol

Project Black Lion:

2014 Civic Si

so far only mod i have done is dsp error remove and htc m9 armrest usb to mirror phone for gps, tv etc. lots more to come stay tuned!!!
View attachment 396754 View attachment 396762 View attachment 396770 View attachment 396778 View attachment 396786
Congrats on your purchase! What engine are you thinking about throwing in to make 500+hp safely/reliably? :popcornbig:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like your build name!
TYVM i thought it was cool too!

Project Black Lion:

2014 Civic Si

[iurl="http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=396754&d=1457025180"]
[/iurl][iurl="http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=396762&d=1457025199"]
[/iurl][iurl="http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=396770&d=1457025223"]
[/iurl][iurl="http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=396778&d=1457025243"]
[/iurl][iurl="http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=396786&d=1457025269"]
[/iurl]
Congrats on your purchase! What engine are you thinking about throwing in to make 500+hp safely/reliably?
well im hearing that the factory motor is plenty strong enuff for this. So i think im gonna stick with that im going to get a complete turbo kit but the company my shop is ordering from has a 2 week wait. So tryna think what i can do until the wait is up and i get the remaining funds to complete the job.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok guys i need a little help. Mugen doesnt make a kit or anyone i have found so far for the 2014 si US version. Anyone know of any body kits that will fit this baby?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanx for checking in. Im still looking for body kits atm turbo kit im looking at is 10k so got a little more cash to go to get that and the build will be underway. Hoping to find a body kit and maybe some lowering springs and tires before i start the build tho. Search is not looking good tho..

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
160 Posts
Procivic has side skits and should be able to get the hfp add ons for the rear...then brayson R (i think) for a front lip. That hopefully gets you going. Now to get to 500whp you're going to need some serious mods. IE at least 1500cc injectors e85 fuel and even then you may need a fuel return system (PRL or DIY) and be prepared for a grenaded tranny/block. I would not attempt to do 500whp on stock internals on a daily driver. Also is the 10k installed? does that include clutch, building block or just for the turbo by iteself? PRL has a sale going on this month and you can get the kit for like 4500. Of course you will need to get the supporting mods to go with that but atleast you have the core parts that you need.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Procivic has side skits and should be able to get the hfp add ons for the rear...then brayson R (i think) for a front lip. That hopefully gets you going. Now to get to 500whp you're going to need some serious mods. IE at least 1500cc injectors e85 fuel and even then you may need a fuel return system (PRL or DIY) and be prepared for a grenaded tranny/block. I would not attempt to do 500whp on stock internals on a daily driver. Also is the 10k installed? does that include clutch, building block or just for the turbo by iteself? PRL has a sale going on this month and you can get the kit for like 4500. Of course you will need to get the supporting mods to go with that but atleast you have the core parts that you need.
No this is full kit with 1500cc injectors this is PRL telling me i can do 500hp on stock am i wrong to believe them. No its not installed its all turbo fuel pump return line etc no suspension stuff tho. Ill see if i can get a printout of the kit for u of ud like

·
Registered
685 Posts
You're going to need a lot of upgrades for your car to handle all that power. At the very least a Hondata to properly make use of the boost you'll be throwing at the ECU via the turbo. You will also want to invest in some beefier brakes, suspension upgrades, etc. Definitely not going to be able to handle 500 hp on a stock car and "just" the turbo. Other upgrades are going to be essential so that you don't kill yourself driving that monster.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You're going to need a lot of upgrades for your car to handle all that power. At the very least a Hondata to properly make use of the boost you'll be throwing at the ECU via the turbo. You will also want to invest in some beefier brakes, suspension upgrades, etc. Definitely not going to be able to handle 500 hp on a stock car and "just" the turbo. Other upgrades are going to be essential so that you don't kill yourself driving that monster.
Oh yeah its coming with everything i need to get 500hp on the motor side hondata included. Not sure about brakes and dont think it has suspension but will see. Ok throw it at me peice by peice and what would be some awesome parts u think i should get im gonna go by the shop and get a printout of what the kit includes

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ok, with the brief description you gave I see what they are doing and yes its gonna be 10k, they are including their return fuel system in the price and sounds pretty much turn key and go. I did everything myself so I was thinking that was a bit high but with them installing and with the necessary supporting mods that's about right. Good to know.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok, with the brief description you gave I see what they are doing and yes its gonna be 10k, they are including their return fuel system in the price and sounds pretty much turn key and go. I did everything myself so I was thinking that was a bit high but with them installing and with the necessary supporting mods that's about right. Good to know.
So u thinking ill still need suspension and brake mods also?

·
Registered
685 Posts
The faster you go the more braking power you'll need...definitely invest in some better brakes for your own safety. To put it into perspective...the brakes that come with the car are designed to reliably handle the 200 hp it comes with. You're aiming to more than double the horsepower. Doubling the braking power more than makes sense. Suspension wise...that comes in to play if you plan on driving it in the twisties. If it's a straight forward car...I guess you can get by with what you have...but you'll still be putting more strain on the stock setup with the wicked acceleration and brake dive you'll be experiencing.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
It's going to take alot but can't wait to see this black lion roar. It better not Meow. But you should also look into suspensions, motor mounts, sticky tires as well as a clutch that will hold that power.

Reactions: Xtelotatichl
1 - 20 of 30 Posts