9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
95 Posts
if you're gonna make 500whp reliably you're gonna need an upgraded transmission (plenty of turbo people ripped 4th gear) and Hondata traction control with stronger axles. The stock fwd setup will not put power down and you're gonna experience a LOT of wheel hop and tire spin.

Modding cars is an expensive hobby

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
if you're gonna make 500whp reliably you're gonna need an upgraded transmission (plenty of turbo people ripped 4th gear) and Hondata traction control with stronger axles. The stock fwd setup will not put power down and you're gonna experience a LOT of wheel hop and tire spin.

Modding cars is an expensive hobby
Good to know ill look into all that any suggestions on brands?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
160 Posts
turbo kit comes with everything you need to get 500 whp including flashpro, fuel return and clutch...and I'm also assuming PRL is installing at that price or no?
tranny will "eventually" need upgrading Mfactory or the likes 3000.00 plus installation
Hasport complete mount set 500ish (needed to avoid wheel hop)
Big breaks..not seeing the point just get better pads and rotors unless serious autocross 1500ish (buddy club)
Spare block/tranny to minimize down time 1700 but at this point I would do a k24a2/k20z3 with matching tranny swap :woowoo:

food for thought.

·
Banned
95 Posts
Good to know ill look into all that any suggestions on brands?

DSS makes really good forged axles that can take a lot of abuse. Call up Denis from PRL motorsports and ask him to cut you a break if you get the turbo and transmission at the same time.
PRL has never turned down any reasonable I made them.

turbo kit comes with everything you need to get 500 whp including flashpro, fuel return and clutch...and I'm also assuming PRL is installing at that price or no?
tranny will "eventually" need upgrading Mfactory or the likes 3000.00 plus installation
Hasport complete mount set 500ish (needed to avoid wheel hop)
Big breaks..not seeing the point just get better pads and rotors unless serious autocross 1500ish (buddy club)
Spare block/tranny to minimize down time 1700 but at this point I would do a k24a2/k20z3 with matching tranny swap

food for thought.
no installation and flashpro are separate. The turbo in he turbo kit alone is worth well over 1000.

·
Banned
95 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts

Fun fact this guy can be had for less than the cost of a turbo civic.
Yeah but what are you going to do with that clown shoe, with a turbo civic you can do FWD burnouts, couple of Costco runs and get good fuel economy.

·
Banned
95 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Honda 9th Gen Civic Si K-Series EFR Turbo Kit 2012-2015 - Full-Race.com

^^^ tell'm your goals of 500whp daily with stock internals.

In my Subaru i made 300whp and 340wtq and motor only lasted 60k ( stock motor ). Ringland failure with 2 pistons.
Then again it was on an E Tune. Don't do E Tunes.

Subaru now is making 305whp and 355wtq on built motor with stock heads & stock turbo. Currently have 85k on current set up.
Had same shop that built motor do a dyno and road tune.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
My project has come to a halt as the garage that is doing all the work gas stopped taking on after hrs job and this is the only tuner place i know in town. Anyone know of a tuner garage near southern indiana? If i cant find one soon i may have to just sell this baby and get a hellcat :-(

21 - 30 of 30 Posts