9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one of the asian civics with projector lights, but I dont like the default bulbs that come with it. The user manual says the low beams are 55w(h11) Halogen bulbs. But it also 35w(d4s)?? I'm confused, i know nothing about headlight bulbs.

My light bulbs now emit a yellowish light, I'm interested in getting a whiter/blueish light.

How can I get that? Would I have to go HID?

This is how the lights are currently

lights.jpg

This is what the manual says

manual.jpg

·
Registered
250 Posts
There are a lot of posts on HIDs. Youll want to look up some brands and color temps. I have 6000k on mine and they have that white/blue tint to them.

uploadfromtaptalk1333514855473.jpg

Sent from my Desire HD

·
Registered
96 Posts
some asian market civics come from the factory with HIDs. depending on your car and how it was equipped, it would have come with either halogen bulbs (h11) or HIDs (d4s). Judging by your picture, it looks like your projectors are running halogens.

to get whiter/bluer light, you can upgrade to HIDs or a find whiter/bluer aftermarket halogen bulb.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
some asian market civics come from the factory with HIDs. depending on your car and how it was equipped, it would have come with either halogen bulbs (h11) or HIDs (d4s). Judging by your picture, it looks like your projectors are running halogens.

to get whiter/bluer light, you can upgrade to HIDs or a find whiter/bluer aftermarket halogen bulb.
Thanks, yea, i'm pretty sure mine are halogen.

Could this kit work for me?

xeno HID KIT H1 H3 H6m H4 H7 H8/H11 H9 H10 H13 9004 9005 9006 9007 D2S D2R 6000K | eBay

Would this support the D4S bulb?

·
Registered
96 Posts
If you have h11 halogens, ordering that kit with the h11 style bulbs would work with your car

·
Boston...we will not forget!!!!
1,246 Posts
D4s is a type of bulb used on factory HID systems. Since yours are just halogen bulbs it would be an h11. D4s will not fit in an h11 equipped headlight.

·
Registered
333 Posts
how much do they sell those asian projector headlights for? Would love to get them for my car and what country are you in that you have an asian model?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
how much do they sell those asian projector headlights for? Would love to get them for my car and what country are you in that you have an asian model?
have no idea what the prices are, I'm in Jamaica, our dealer gets the cars from Japan (RHD)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts