9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Leasing Pros:

• You have lower monthly payments with a low — or no — down payment.
  • You can drive a better car for less money.
  • You have lower repair costs because you are under the vehicle's included factory warranty.
  • You can more easily transition to a new car every two or three years.
  • You don't have trade-in hassles at the end of the lease.
  • You pay less sales tax.
Leasing Cons:

• You don't own the car at the end of the lease (although there is always the option to buy).
  • Your mileage is typically limited to 12,000 miles a year (you can purchase extra).
  • You may find lease contracts confusing and filled with unfamiliar terminology.
  • You'll pay more in the long run for a leased car than you will if you buy a car and keep it for years.
  • You could face excessive wear-and-tear charges. These can be a nasty surprise at the end of the lease.
  • You will find it costly to terminate a lease early if your driving needs change.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,252 Posts
There is at least one other thread here that talks about leasing. Lots of info in it.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Mods:
Is there any anti-robot stuff to create a account? Last one like this was some sci-fyi religious post (1 post then OP never comes back).

·
Registered
2 Posts
In my opinion leasing cars is a very beneficial and adventurous stuff, you are driving always a new car and you don't have to pay crazy money always, yeah car is not yours, but you use and you can change to the car you want at any moment, or to take a new model of the car. There is also the kind of person who want to own a car completely. My dad is kind of these people, he is quite conservative. But I found for him a loan on very good conditions at https://credit-10.com/lv/auto-kredits/ Now he rides new Mercedes he was always dreaming about.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Leasing a car Pros

Bad credit? no problem
Don't ever change your oil
Fill up with the worst gas you can
Don't ever worry about door dings or scratches
Put a set on burner wheels on the weekend and destroy every parking lot
You will look like you can afford a much better life style than you could actually afford
Blend in with the rest of society because you will be stuck in an agreement with no modification allowed

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,252 Posts
Mods:
Is there any anti-robot stuff to create a account? Last one like this was some sci-fyi religious post (1 post then OP never comes back).
Yes, we are flagged about suspicious accounts. Those that are determined to be be spammers are dealt with accordingly.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,252 Posts
I have leased a few cars in my time.

The main advantages for me are:
  • down payment (dp) about half a purchase dp, combined with monthly payments thar are about half, as well.
  • I'm in a new car every 3 or 4 years. Trade-in value doesn't matter because I have saved so much over the course of the lease.
If you are buying new cars every few years, you may be getting money on a trade-in, but you are paying much more month-to-month, overall, so it's almost a wash.

If you're buying a car for cash, outright, then this is all moot. And if you're keeping it a long time, then it's even more moot. Leasing vs purchasing is a valid comparison only if the purchased car in question is being financed.

Keep in mind that you need to have a low interest rate to make any loan or payment plan that won't take a lot of your money. I have always leased cars at a 0.9% rate, which is almost nothing.

Disadvantages:

- the two main ones are mileage and modifications. If you know you will be using the car in such a way as to stay under the maximum allowable mileage, and you're not going to making serious mods to the car, then these disadvantages are irrelevant. Even mods that are easily reversible would not cause an issue.

Most of RRCoupe's 'pros' for leasing a car are not terrible for the leasee, although some of them could be a problem for a subsequent owner. They are more of a criticism of a type of person who I wouldn't buy any car from, whether s/he bought or leased it. And people can abuse cars they have purchased just as easily as cars they have leased.

I'd be willing to bet that over 99% of people who lease cars just drive them normally. There are plenty of people who own or lease cars who neglect the maintenance.

Me? I don't drive more mileage than my lease agreement allows, and I didn't have to modify my life to do it. Some of us drive less mileage per year than others. I am also not into modifications, although I do like the occasional minor customization.

If you want to mod, and drive a lot of miles, then a lease is most likely not for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts