9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering a purchase of the 2012 hybrid.

I live in the San Francisco bay area.

How many miles per gallon do you get?

Is the 2013 going to be more efficient?

I am pretty set on getting one soon since I can get a really good deal.

I appreciate any last minute advice.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I live in the SF bay area...more East Bay, I commute about 70 miles a day to Walnut Creek.

I've experiment driving very conservatively for a few fill ups and averaged around the high 40's, with my best tank being a little more than 50MPG. Nowadays, I find myself driving around 70 to and from work while trying to maintain my MPG meter around the half mark. I'm averaging around 45. My worse tank was a little less than 43, so the EPA estimate is pretty accurate.

I can easily get 475-500+ miles per tank. (However, since Gov. Brown approved winter blend gas, I see my gas tank meter falling a little bit faster than usual, but I think I can still maintain at least EPA estimates)

I find myself being very efficient driving at city speeds. Unlike a Prius, the Civic Hybrid can't drive on electric from stop, but driving electric is very possible though getting it to actually work takes a bit of learning. You just got to get a feel of the car when it "activates" and just try to hold steady to keep it going. Driving electric is a lot more easier in the city than at highway speeds, but its not impossible.

Not sure about about 2013...

Hope this helps.

If you don't mind, can you message with what kind of deal you might get. I feel I got a pretty decent deal, but just curious on what you are getting, especially since we're in the same geographical area.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts