9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I went to test drive the new Civic. I ended up getting it and traded in my 2010 Civic EX. I think it's a very good improvement over the 8th gen. The interior seems to be much better quality. I drive a EX model but hated the cloth design on the seat so picked the EX L for the leather and happy I did. Te car seems to be smoother then 8th gen. I got it for just under 22k OTD. If you have questions feel free to ask.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Today I went to test drive the new Civic. I ended up getting it and traded in my 2010 Civic EX. I think it's a very good improvement over the 8th gen. The interior seems to be much better quality. I drive a EX model but hated the cloth design on the seat so picked the EX L for the leather and happy I did. Te car seems to be smoother then 8th gen. I got it for just under 22k OTD. If you have questions feel free to ask.
Congrats on your purchase!
I'm guessing no incentives? If you don't mind me asking, what was your APR?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats on your purchase!
I'm guessing no incentives? If you don't mind me asking, what was your APR?
Yea no incentives, APR is 5.39. I made off really well with my trade in and out no cash down. The APR is a little higher then I wanted but planning on paying it off early anyways.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Congrats man! Let us know what you think of it. Any comments would be useful.

·
Registered
9 Posts
just wondering how u got such a good deal. the car has an msrp of 22,705. what price did u talk him down to, to get 22k otd

·
Registered
136 Posts
I was able to get a good deal because of my trade in. I got 16k for it and owed around 12.
Oh ok. No wonder it came out to that price OTD. The actual vehicle sale price is the best figure to judge a deal, since OTD price adds other fees that vary for everyone, such as sales tax, down payments, and trade in values.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
The leather appeals big time. Can you get a coupe with leather and the manual transmission?

tks, ez........
Yea, the leather sets the car off. The cloth looks old school to me. I dont know if you can get a coupe with M/T and leather. I was the first one in Birmingham AL and maybe the first in the state of Alabama to buy a 2012. It's fun driving around and people look at the car like what is that. The Honda site does not have a coupe with leather and M/T. You could see if they would put leather in for you. Try and make that part of the deal when your ready to buy.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Congrats man! Let us know what you think of it. Any comments would be useful.
I like it a lot for the first day. It drives great and the new features are very nicely done. I was not impressed with the 9th gen from pictures but once I got to see it in person and drive it, I was sold. The MID is very nice and makes it easy to see what station your listening to without looking away from the road. I am enjoying being able to see my MPG and how many more miles left on the tank. As far as the plastic on the inside I don't think it's to much, not anymore then the 8th had and seems like it won't scratch as easily. I can't wait to see if the paint holds up better then the 8th gen. I had a lot of chips after just a few weeks. I plan on getting the windows tinted in the next two weeks, that should really set it off.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
I like the new look too especially the rear:wigglesmiley:! But like you said, I dont like the look of the seat fabric. It looks like the lower end models of a hyundai and the new VW jetta. Maybe this is a new trend of how manufacturer saving money.

Attachments

·
Registered
794 Posts
I like it a lot for the first day. It drives great and the new features are very nicely done. I was not impressed with the 9th gen from pictures but once I got to see it in person and drive it, I was sold. The MID is very nice and makes it easy to see what station your listening to without looking away from the road. I am enjoying being able to see my MPG and how many more miles left on the tank. As far as the plastic on the inside I don't think it's to much, not anymore then the 8th had and seems like it won't scratch as easily. I can't wait to see if the paint holds up better then the 8th gen. I had a lot of chips after just a few weeks. I plan on getting the windows tinted in the next two weeks, that should really set it off.
Hey thanks man, what do you think about the armrest, does it seem smaller? Whenever I look at it it seems to remind me of my '00 civic Si, cute likely thing. Lol

1 - 20 of 123 Posts