9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pure Brazilian Ivory Carnauba Wax

My first wax job on the coupe. Used a random orbital machine which i purchased for only $32 from Ebay :eusa_dance:
In my opinion it looks a lot better now than when i bought it brand new off the lot 3 months ago.

Products used:
Meguiars Clay Kit (removes contaminants)
Meguiars Deep Crystal Polish (removes light scratches/swirls)
Pinnacle Signature Series 2 (shines/protects paint)

I'll let y'all know how long this thing lasts before i have to re-wax again. They say 3 months but we'll see.

·
Car Care Ambassador
1,357 Posts
Just as an FYI ... no carnuba is "pure" , there is different types and percentages but none marketed are pure. All carnuba is yellow ... yours was just dyed ..

Pure carnuba is as hard as a rock.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just as an FYI ... no carnuba is "pure" , there is different types and percentages but none marketed are pure. All carnuba is yellow ... yours was just dyed ..

Pure carnuba is as hard as a rock.
The carnauba was not dyed. It's as yellow as can be. Thats why "ivory carnauba" is the best & as close to pure as you can get.
I do my research before buying any wax bro.

a week later car will be all dirty.
I live in Cali where it hardly ever rains. Plus I have a cali car duster. So i only need to wash her twice a month :happy:

·
Car Care Ambassador
1,357 Posts
The carnauba was not dyed. It's as yellow as can be. Thats why "ivory carnauba" is the best & as close to pure as you can get.
I do my research before buying any wax bro.

I live in Cali where it hardly ever rains. Plus I have a cali car duster. So i only need to wash her twice a month :happy:

I guess your research told you that its pure?

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
If you are going to post a video, don't disable embedding on your upload to youtube. I am sure it looks good and perhaps even better than it did when it left the showroom.

Just a hint though, When Jesstzn is done detailing someones ride you can read a newspaper from the reflection off of the reflection of the car next to it. If he lived near me I would never wash and wax my car again. I would just open my wallet and hand it to him for his magic.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
LOL I kept watching the family guy theme song ha

Brought to you by the one and only Kid Jdee
FB2 squad #17

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess your research told you that its pure?
na bro I said as close to pure

Just a hint though, When Jesstzn is done detailing someones ride you can read a newspaper from the reflection off of the reflection of the car next to it.
that sounds amazing. can a honda factory paint job do that? I thought only lux cars can.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
But it looks good!

Brought to you by the one and only Kid Jdee
FB2 squad #17

·
Car Care Ambassador
1,357 Posts
that sounds amazing. can a honda factory paint job do that? I thought only lux cars can.
I do a lot of luxury ones and even they have a lot of orange peel ... yet some don't ... dunno why ... VW and Audi seem good ... some BMW not so good .. yet who knows

Stock Acura

Stock BMW

Stock F350

Ferarri

This is stock Acura ... no different than honda

1 - 12 of 12 Posts