9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to this forum (and hondas in general), but I have an upgrade question. I have a brand new 2013 Civic Sedan LX and I love it. The only thing I don't like however, is the high pitched horn. I would like a lower tone horn but haven't been able to find the correct one. Essentially, I'm completely lost. Does anyone have a link to a low tone horn that is compatible with a 2013 Civic Sedan LX? Thank you.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,640 Posts
I have heard of people wiring in a set of Accord horns, but I don't know how it's done.

·
Registered
174 Posts
If you want JDM I know they sell Matsura hyper horns that you can replace your stock horns. However I have no idea how to get them. I know a few Supra guys who have made the conversion.

Otherwise google it. Just doing a quick search I see a couple of companies domestically.

for example HELLA | Horns[h=5][/h]

·
Registered
703 Posts
Hello, I am new to this forum (and hondas in general), but I have an upgrade question. I have a brand new 2013 Civic Sedan LX and I love it. The only thing I don't like however, is the high pitched horn. I would like a lower tone horn but haven't been able to find the correct one. Essentially, I'm completely lost. Does anyone have a link to a low tone horn that is compatible with a 2013 Civic Sedan LX? Thank you.
Yeah you could give the Accord Horn a try, or the Hella Horns, not really sure how they line up or how the install goes though.

But like capa said, why spend the money? how often do you use your horn? the only time mine makes a sound is when I it that lock button twice, and even still its a short quick honk and gone. I don't ever have a reason to hit it. Unless someone on the highway is stupid and gets over, I kind of like the high pitch because in those instances is like a whoah wtf was that then they see me.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Use search feature. Lots of info on this out there already. Accord horns are plug and play, no cutting of wires.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I used to have the same issue with my old '65 Stinger. The car was small in a sea of behemoths and I was constantly getting run over. I bought a set of air horns and wired them into the lead for the stock horn. I used a relay to drive the air horn system. A quick tap on the horn button, and you got the factory bleep. Hold the horn button down for a half second and the relay triggered, turned on the air compressor, and blew the trumpets. It was quick, sort of "bleeblaaaaast". It sure got the idiot's attention.

Reactions: scottyrocks

·
Registered
90 Posts
It was kind of weird hearing the higher pitched horn, but I got used to it after like the first day. I would seriously just suggest trying to get used to it. Save dat monies.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,640 Posts
Smaller cars should have bigger horns.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts