9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Question about buying wheels online

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  dagocrazy 
#1 ·
So, I just need a little bit of help from the 9thgencivic.com community. I've been looking around at wheels for a while now, and Ive finally found the ones I want. Their 17" Tenzo Cuzcos. However, none of the websites that sell them don't offer TPMS, and if they do it's extremely expensive. I know Tirerack.com charges about $130 to install the sensors on all four wheels, but they don't sell tenzos. Everywhere else that sells the sensors charges at least $300.

I guess my question is, should I just dish out the extra couple hundred bucks and buy the wheels, tires, and TPMS all at the same time? Or would it be more cost efficient to buy just the wheels and tires and get the TPMS installed at a later date.

I know a few people on here bought Tendon wheels online, any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
Tpms new from honda are $33 each plus tax and shipping.unless you buy and have them installed you will spend more on shipping as you will have to ship tires and wheels separate if you wait and put yours in. just buy them and have them installed before they ship.activate when you get them. otherwise reuse your tires and tpms sensors like i did save more and when your tires wear out get the ones you want

#4 ·
No the installer can mark the tire at the valve stem, take off the tire and install the tpms and re-install the tire at the mark in order to put the tire on in the exact same location keeping the balance the same. its a common way of dismounting and mounting used for tire repair to keep from having to balance every time you take the tire off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.