9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I have a newbie question about connecting an amp to the stock radio after reading "DIY Connecting Subs to a stock Radio" Will the rear speakers still work by connecting the amp via the rear speaker wire to the line out convertor?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Yes, if you tap into the wire you will still hear them, barely due to that the subs will over power them but yes.
a decent sub sound and quality requires at least 175rms. OEM speakers are usually 35 to 55rms at most. So if your going to put a sub in your car, please do get an amp that compliments it. When it comes to sound system, you definitely get what you pay for.

Also, I think the OP is talking about connecting a line out to an amp then to a sub. there shouldn't be any tapping when it comes to audio.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for replying guys. I already have an amp and sub from my old integra. it's a JL amp and alpine type r sub. It quality from them is decent enough. I had a pioneer deck on my integra, all i had to do was plug the rca to the deck and amp. now i have a 2012 honda civic ex, i like the stock radio so i want to connect the amp and sub to the stock radio.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts