9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering where evrybody got thier hids and yellow fogs or whether they just put overlays over the fogs and whats the best way to go about switching bulbs to hids? this si for a civic si?
thanks

·
Banned
1,339 Posts
There's several places to get HID kits and bulbs from. I got my 9006 HID kit from DDM Tuning and my yellow fogs are made by Nokya. PIAA and Luminics also make yellow bulbs, however each vary in price. Other than DDM Tuning, you can get HID kits from places such as Amazon and eBay. Just be careful about ordering from eBay and be sure to read customer reviews and the whole ad description. Yellow fog overlays are another option, but these will just add to the look of the car. The beam will not be as yellow as that of a yellow bulb. Finally, I wouldn't spend the money on an HID kit for fog lights. Yellow bulbs look and work just the same, maybe better.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Ddm is great. Lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
42 Posts
ddm tuning has good stuff i just got some 55w for 64shipped and the 35w are cheaper and they are digital they pull less amps then any hid kit.
will see how they come out once i get them. its for my dads lexus IS250

·
Banned
1,339 Posts
For the fog lights did you guys use a hid converting kit with a ballpast or just an LED H11 bulb? wats the differnece
You can either use an HID kit, a LED bulb, or a regular bulb for the fogs. There's not much of a difference between a 2500k HID kit and a 2500k bulb (2500k being yellow). There is however a difference between the HID kit and/or bulb between the LED bulb; LED bulbs do not give off nearly as much light as the other two. A regular 2500k Luminics, Nokya, or PIAA bulb would work just as good as an HID kit for the fogs IMO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts