9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Call Me Yellow!!!
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, So I am pretty new to working on the car and all, Just fell in love with my new SI :woowoo:

I just got my 5% tint all around except for the front windshield and thinking of tinting out the break lights also.

Well now!, I wanna get HIDs, HFP front lips, drop my suspension and install CAI

I decided to order HIDs from http://www.simplyhidkits.com and found the HFP front lips on Ebay...

Since I am lacking experience and knowledge how to install and in the fear of screwing it up :eek:hmy: I wonder where I can get them installed...

I mean does honda dealership do any installments or should I try going to any auto shop? I heard AC delco near me (Edison NJ) does install parts but I have no clue yet.. I havent got to contact them

someonee help mee!! I am watching videos on how to install HFP front lips/HID and i realized i have to take off the bumper and all, and even drill a hole...

I am going to install LED for dome/map/license plate myself cause they are not too hard to do... but I def dont wanna be drilling my SI myself..

You see, I love my SI and i would hate to screw it up...

Please helppp :]

P.S. I live in Edison NJ/New brunswick Rutgers Area and around Bergen County as well, anyone could install these for me I am willing to throw lots of ramen noodles and love Lols

Is It actually possible to get full HFP upgrade even after I purchased my SI?

Sorry if im pissing off anyone, I am just not too knowledge yet. I will be continuing my research and learning process

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
I can speak for HFP - depends on your locale. A full HFP kit from the dealer is going to set you back $5000 if you let Honda install it. Parting it out, the only part(s) you can't get is suspension in USA. CHH and a few members here have install videos to help you if you want to do it on your own. EDIT: I think one of those videos was from a NJ member with a red coupe.

As for HFP front lips and combo lowered suspension - know the front of your car well and don't hit any parking curbs. Those hurt your car and wallet.

I personally wouldn't let someone other than my trusted mechanic, myself, or Honda touch my car. May look at a local body shop to install kit. They do a lot of work and at least here, they run about half the hourly rate as the Honda dealer.

·
Call Me Yellow!!!
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the awesome info

·
Registered
103 Posts
HIDS are probably the easiest install you can do on your car. plug everything in to the ballast and remove your stock bulb and insert the new bulb and hide the ballast to a spot where it can't move and is not to exposed to moisture.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts