9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im having a little trouble getting my tune right for e85. When I datalog, should the stoich still be treated as if it is still on gasoline? The car seems to run great around 14.7, however I know the correct a/f should be 9.7.

Am I actually looking at my real A/f ratios, or am I technically still reading lambda?

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
So Im having a little trouble getting my tune right for e85. When I datalog, should the stoich still be treated as if it is still on gasoline? The car seems to run great around 14.7, however I know the correct a/f should be 9.7.

Am I actually looking at my real A/f ratios, or am I technically still reading lambda?
Pretty sure the afr reading are set for gas. Just tune to target lambda and you should be fine. You can change the unit settings to lambda as well.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
From the tool bar, options, settings, click tab for units. Lambda unit.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Lambda 1 for gasoline and lambda 1 for e85 are both theoretically stoichimetric. Wideband sensors calibrate oxygen % relative to air, and compare this to the % in your exhaust pipe. The oxygen corresponds to Lamda (not AFR), so if your ECU thinks that lambda 1 is 14.5 AFR (ish) , then you can use 14.5 ( ish) lambda as a reference instead of the 9 ish AFR ( e85 is never really e85 at the pump) as you would gasahol.

Most people are more familiar with gasoline AFR's, so it may work out better for you to use instead of e85 AFR.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts