9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Do i have to unscrew the two screws to get the bulb out? or do i just have to turn em? I just removed the front bumper to place the ballasts, and I am lacking a tool to get to the third screw that is located at the bottom to take the head light out. So i took the battery out to reach it from the back, but i wasnt sure if I am supposed to unscrew the screws to remove the bulb erm... Having bit of mental break down. LOL just making sure before I make moves. :D lmk plz
removing the bumper isn't needed to install HIDs, refer to the DIY section.

·
Call Me Yellow!!!
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I removed the bumper for correct installation of ballast... Just placing them behind the crash bar is the best spot I heard so Ididnt want it to mess with any other electrical systems

·
Call Me Yellow!!!
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HIDs Installed! :D

wooot got my HID installed finally 10000k from SimplyHID... I will post the pic of the lights at night! :D so i can get a better view here are some pics of installing

stock lights.jpg IMG_0526.jpg IMG_0527.jpg
Stock bulbs out/battery came out/windshield came out. Broke the black thing off just how chunky did... Ended up using the ziptie... and yes I removed the front bumper so I could reach behind the crash bar. Thats where I wanted the ballast to go so

IMG_0528.jpg IMG_0531.jpg
View of the lights (not in the housing yet) havent removed the plastic cover yet, Just wanted to see if it would work! :D its perfect for me, just the blue i wanted to match with my LED lights :wigglesmiley:

IMG_0541.jpg
Behind the crash bar this is where I wanted my ballast to go

IMG_0543.jpg IMG_0545.jpg
View of ballast after mounting it. I wanted to zip tie it around, but didnt have any so just double sided it... hope it doesn't fall out :p. I'm scared that weather might get to it and it might end up falling off... I will get a zip tie around soon when I get a chance...

Attachments

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
How excellent write up! very impressive :)

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
I was supposed to do mine today :( But its raining like crazy :(

Reactions: JimmersSi

·
Call Me Yellow!!!
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thnk u thnk u :wigglesmiley: no garage to stick ur car in?

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
And freeeek! The old bulbs are honest soooo hard to reach!!!!!!

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
thnk u thnk u :wigglesmiley: no garage to stick ur car in?
i have a garage but it's filled with a 2012 fusion :( And a 2004 Mustang GT

·
Call Me Yellow!!!
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And freeeek! The old bulbs are honest soooo hard to reach!!!!!!
ahh truee, it took me a bit tryna reach those bulbs too. especially putting the hid in on the driver side was pain in the ass also

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
ahh truee, it took me a bit tryna reach those bulbs too. especially putting the hid in on the driver side was pain in the ass also
Most certainly! I'll be taking a trip into Honda tomorrow to have my car computer reset because i;m gonna take out the battery :p

·
Call Me Yellow!!!
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Most certainly! I'll be taking a trip into Honda tomorrow to have my car computer reset because i;m gonna take out the battery :p
You need to have computer reset to take out the battery?! I took out mine and just plugged it in back. Didnt seem to see any problems.

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
You need to have computer reset to take out the battery?! I took out mine and just plugged it in back. Didnt seem to see any problems.
Ya its called the "Radio Unlock Code"

Will post what it is when i get it :)

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
And you don't reset the computer in-car really, just the radio

·
Registered
241 Posts
Ya its called the "Radio Unlock Code"

Will post what it is when i get it :)
You should be able to get the radio code online at the Honda Owner's Link website. I see the option, just haven't tried yet as I have no need, Lol.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Just don't need the radio/sound/music?

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
High beams are done :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts