9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2014 r18 CVT im thinking of building it fully bolt ons first b4 going s/c.
i Currently have
-Injen CAI
-Megan Racing Down Pipe
- Catback piping 2.25in to Magnaflow Muffler
- Burnt exhaust tip 2.5”inlet to 4”outlet

thinking of getting
weapon-r intake manifold (if it fits)
TBS
skunk 2 cams
flash pro after im done with bolt ons

any idea just drop a reply i really want to build my r18 as hopefully being the fastest with 2 years

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,596 Posts
Has anyone built up a car with a CVT? Can it handle appreciably more power?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I really want to know how well the R18 will make power. Hondata just came out with a FlashPro for the 9th Gen R18 and I would be very interested to see how bolt ons plus a tune would be like considering I have an R18

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I'm still tuning LX with KTuner. My is automatic. Want to see how much gain you get from cvt. If you get intake manifold or cam shaft, make sure to tune the car.
I try to tune the car myself for now. So far so good. My friend notice the car runs smoother and quicker acceleration.
I save Vit eTune for later until I have cated header install to the car.

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
both civic are 2012 civic lx sedan, automatic...

the camera is on the bone stock civic... you can see a huge difference between stock & bolt on...

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm still tuning LX with KTuner. My is automatic. Want to see how much gain you get from cvt. If you get intake manifold or cam shaft, make sure to tune the car.
I try to tune the car myself for now. So far so good. My friend notice the car runs smoother and quicker acceleration.
I save Vit eTune for later until I have cated header install to the car.
I actually have the 5 spd manual R18. I'm trying to contemplate whether to upgrade the R18 or just get an Si.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,596 Posts
With an Si, you will automatically have a stouter platform to begin with.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
According to vit i could gain with tune with my mods right would b 140whp

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,596 Posts
and atleast $8,000 less in your bank account

in los angeles, lx manual can be pick up $17,000 otd while si is about $28,000 otd

even out of states, si is still around 24k~25k otd...
Who pays $28k for an Si in the U.S?! That's about $5k too much.

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
Wow that is terrible I bought my SI new for 23,000 out the door new in 2012. Are car prices different in Cali?
we have mark up on si's..... back in 2012, i have to pay $30,000 otd for a white 2012 si sedan with navi.... it's why i settle for lx sedan, there is no way my wife will let me buy a civic for 30k

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
Who pays $28k for an Si in the U.S?! That's about $5k too much.

even if you can buy a si for let say $23,000 OTD, that is still $6,000 more than a lx manual... remember most people that buys lx sedan don't want manual, so honda gives manual civic away...

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,596 Posts
and dont forget its $100-150 more a month depends how much you down pay
The OTD price is what we are talking about here. I can make the payments of almost two cars the same by adjusting the down payment amounts.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts