9th Gen Civic Forum banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,596 Posts
even if you can buy a si for let say $23,000 OTD, that is still $6,000 more than a lx manual... remember most people that buys lx sedan don't want manual, so honda gives manual civic away...
Interesting that you say that. I was talking to a couple of local-to-me dealerships. Although they said that there are very few of them, they were not interested in discounting them because (are ya ready?) there are so few of them, and they can get rid of every one of them because they have to be requested, and not kept in stock.

So I'm going to have to play it carefully if I decide to go with a MT LX Civic next November.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
And guys remember that dynamometer readings can be different depending on what kinda dyno is used.There is a Inertia dyno,Hydraulic dyno and electric dyno.Ive been told that the type Hondata used can read 20% higher then the type Vitviper uses.Just something to think about.I mean if I added 20% to my edyno my car would read 153HP 128 ft lb etuned by Vit with the KTuner with a AT.And a AT car will read 3-4 HP less then a MT.Check this link out about dynamometer types.My .02 YRMV.Butt in the End the Butt dynamometer might be the most important.

http://www.hotrod.com/how-to/additional-how-to/hrdp-0405-chassis-dyno-guide/#__federated=1

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
And guys remember that dynamometer readings can be different depending on what kinda dyno is used.There is a Inertia dyno,Hydraulic dyno and electric dyno.Ive been told that the type Hondata used can read 20% higher then the type Vitviper uses.Just something to think about.I mean if I added 20% to my edyno my car would read 153HP 128 ft lb etuned by Vit with the KTuner with a AT.And a AT car will read 3-4 HP less then a MT.Check this link out about dynamometer types.My .02 YRMV.Butt in the End the Butt dynamometer might be the most important.

Chassis Dyno Guide - Frequently Asked Questions About Dyno Tests - Hot Rod Magazine

i believe you've been misinformed.... here is vit's own video....

·
Registered
11,032 Posts

Chassis Dyno Guide - Frequently Asked Questions About Dyno Tests - Hot Rod Magazine

https://www.youtube.com/user/vitviper2/videos

vit's youtube link.... if you watch all the dyno video's... it's almost all dyno on dynapack, the exact same one use by hondata

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
I was going by what Vit told me.I asked him why the flash pro tuned R18 had a higher HP reading then my R18 he replied:
I'm sure his is a manual (loss drivetrain loss) and Hondata uses the Church miracle dynapack confinguration, their pack reads 20% higher than mine in Oregon (for example, stock Si dynos 172whp on mine, 201whp on theirs).

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
i know, dyna pack is not chassis dyno... it takes wheels, tires, friction out of the equation... it's a "hub" dyno...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Id like to finish my tune already so i can get more numbers but hondata is on vacation. I wanted to use edyno from vit but it wont let me buy it on the site for some reason. Im waiting for rv6 headers and a full cat back so i can be done lol.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
Have ya heard from RV6^^^^ I've tried getting hold of em but no luck.Anyways my current tune is done and I'm now already planning changes for more HP.Ive had a K&N typhoon for some time now but haven't put it on.Maybe I'll give it a try when the exhaust is done.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Nah havnt heard from them. I wish they update us but i guess its christmas there all off haha. Hopefully soon. Right now i jus wanna edyno and compare numbers.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
It's really just you and I buddy with the 1st tuned R18s.Im lucky Vit got to my tune so quickly.He had it done in 9 revisions.Its?perfect!
EDIT I forgot Rob and Dale,turbo sooty guys.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Its only 3 of us. Could be 4 but rob is doing his own thing. Dale with his turbo is trying to finish. Only me and him have flashpro that know of. And i know you and rob are the only ones with ktuner

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Hay, you forget about me already? Hehe!
Anyone ever use virtual dyno? Within a week or two, I should be done with tuning. I want to do some kind of dyno. If program is suck. I'll do dynojet nearby the area.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
It looks like the virtual dyno supports CSV files and Ktuner files are KDLG files.Not sure about changing them to work.So basically they don't support KTuner yet.Ill contact them to see if they could support the KDLG. File

21 - 40 of 58 Posts