9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, new to the car scene & just bought my 2nd car, a 2013 Civic Ex Coupe Automatic (I dont know how to drive stick, so no Si for me). Was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how I could make the car faster or increase hp. Tried looking at YouTube but every video on there is on Si's & I doubt that Si mods would work for my stock automatic civic

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
689 Posts
Don't know what's more annoying: Spammers or new people who post the same exact question everywhere.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't know what's more annoying: Spammers or new people who post the same exact question everywhere.
If you're tryna sell something, you gonna post it on 1 site or post it on numerous sites to get it sold faster ? More places I post it, more answers I get....

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,390 Posts
Welcome to 9th gen, Adonis.

What I consider good advice is, whenever you join a new forum, read through the threads, especially those that deal with a question you have. Often, you will see the answers you are looking for, often many times over, as is the case here.

That being said, the general consensus here is that, for the R18, the amount of gain you will get from the amount of investment you lay out is not worth it. Buy a faster car to begin with. But if you want to throw money at it, it will have to be big money, as in forced induction money, to get any substantial gains.

And in the future, please post new topics only once in what you feel is the most appropriate place. Posting the same thread multiple times just generally annoys people, and the multiples will either be merged or deleted. Continuation of this practice against advice will lead elsewhere.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Even if you can add power to the car, not sure how the CVT transmission can handle it. I think people with manual R18's have had more success.

TL;DR - not worth it unless you're willing to spend a bunch of money

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
The R18 motor was designed and engineered to be a economical engine. not a race car. if you want more power, spend the money at a driving school and learn to drive a manual transmission. then, go get an si, or STI, or RS. something that is meant for what you want to do.

unless you are willing to throw 5-10 grand at this...not worth it. forced induction, suspension mods, brake mods, transaxle mods, transmission mods, etc. that's not including any cosmetic mods.

·
Registered
689 Posts
If you're tryna sell something, you gonna post it on 1 site or post it on numerous sites to get it sold faster ? More places I post it, more answers I get....
It's called spam at that point.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome to 9th gen, Adonis.

What I consider good advice is, whenever you join a new forum, read through the threads, especially those that deal with a question you have. Often, you will see the answers you are looking for, often many times over, as is the case here.

That being said, the general consensus here is that, for the R18, the amount of gain you will get from the amount of investment you lay out is not worth it. Buy a faster car to begin with. But if you want to throw money at it, it will have to be big money, as in forced induction money, to get any substantial gains.

And in the future, please post new topics only once in what you feel is the most appropriate place. Posting the same thread multiple times just generally annoys people, and the multiples will either be merged or deleted. Continuation of this practice against advice will lead elsewhere.
Thank you

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The R18 motor was designed and engineered to be a economical engine. not a race car. if you want more power, spend the money at a driving school and learn to drive a manual transmission. then, go get an si, or STI, or RS. something that is meant for what you want to do.

unless you are willing to throw 5-10 grand at this...not worth it. forced induction, suspension mods, brake mods, transaxle mods, transmission mods, etc. that's not including any cosmetic mods.
Well that sucks, wish I put more research into it before I bought the car. Thanks for the input. Guess my next move is stick shift lessons

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Even if you can add power to the car, not sure how the CVT transmission can handle it. I think people with manual R18's have had more success.

TL;DR - not worth it unless you're willing to spend a bunch of money
Appreciate it

·
Registered
910 Posts
As others have said, the R18 is not a performance engine at all. Even if you spent thousands of dollars on a modest turbo kit you would probably still lose to near stock or even stock Si's and other sport compacts. If I were you I'd do some minor suspension (springs & dampers) an intake, and maybe some wheels. The car will be slow, but it will at least look cool and sound more aggressive while having a little less body roll. Most importantly, you'd still have stock reliability and fuel economy.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,390 Posts
Piggy-backing off of Squid, handling improvements can add fun, if not more power, to the driving experience. It's not all about the straight line. Getting through a turn as quickly as possible is quite satisfying.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ofcourse theyre new what else they can say? Up to here everyone is hating smh. Not everyone is smart some are just keyboard master

·
Registered
689 Posts
Ofcourse theyre new what else they can say? Up to here everyone is hating smh. Not everyone is smart some are just keyboard master
Making threads asking the same exact thing in all the wrong places is spam by that point. You don't have to be a genius to find the section that one question would fit in at. His other posts were merged into this one, I don't know why but they are.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,390 Posts
Making threads asking the same exact thing in all the wrong places is spam by that point. You don't have to be a genius to find the section that one question would fit in at. His other posts were merged into this one, I don't know why but they are.
I wanted all the replies in one thread and was called away before I could delete the repetitive posts. I'll do it now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the same car as you, but with a stick. I don't understand when people say they can't drive stick....c'mon it takes a couple of hours to learn! Traffic is not a problem with the feather light clutch. That being said, my/our r18 cars are still slow as shit. I have an axleback and k&n drop in....still slow as hell, but I enjoy rowing through the gears. Get an Si or a 1.8 manual.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,390 Posts
I've been driving MTs in NYC area traffic for over 40 years with no complaints (about the MTs, not the traffic, haha). If you wanna do it you'll do it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts