9th Gen Civic Forum banner
21 - 40 of 177 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
i'm trying to conserve mileage now...driving the non-gas sipping 4.3L sonoma once or twice a week now.

i'm going to be over 100K before it's paid for! and i'm trying to hold out until Honda puts the 1.5t in the HR-V for a replacement to the civic. if i am forced to replace prior to upgrading the HR-V, probably be a 2018 hatch.
That makes sense. I love the HRV but it definitely needs a power upgrade. At this rate I'll have about 130,000 miles on my R18 by the time I'm due to transfer in July 2020.

Discussion starter · #23 ·
140k on the wife's 2012.

7.5k OCI's, transmission drain and refills every 30k (5AT, not CVT).

Would like to keep this car till it dies.

Only issue has been the blower motor (replaced under warranty once).
Awesome! Now that I switched to full synthetic I'll be doing 7.5k OCI's.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
A little late on my update but my end of the month mileage was 34,869.

Discussion starter · #30 ·
I have right at 70K. When does high mileage start?
Well I've seen "high mileage" oil jugs say 75K and up. This thread is just to gauge the mileage we put on our R18's. I average around 2,500 miles a month give or take. Between Oct 31 and Nov 30 I put over 2,700 miles on my R18.

Discussion starter · #33 ·
I've got a 2014 LX Automatic coupe w/126,000 bought a year ago w/113,000 miles. Been an awesome car, only done basic maintenance items
Glad to see a high mileage R18/CVT combo. Those are some good signs for the future!

UPDATE: Just hit 49k on my 2013 Civic LX Sedan and had to replace the axle due to a torn axle boot! Never had an axle boot tear before, and I drive super lightly. I even slow down to 5mph for speed bumps! One of my front wheel bearings is also starting to go, it's gotten pretty noisy. Kinda lame as it seems like no one else on here has had any issues. BTW it has never been driven in/near snow.

Discussion starter · #35 ·
UPDATE: Just hit 49k on my 2013 Civic LX Sedan and had to replace the axle due to a torn axle boot! Never had an axle boot tear before, and I drive super lightly. I even slow down to 5mph for speed bumps! One of my front wheel bearings is also starting to go, it's gotten pretty noisy. Kinda lame as it seems like no one else on here has had any issues. BTW it has never been driven in/near snow.
Man, that's pretty bad luck. Have you had the car since new?

Man, that's pretty bad luck. Have you had the car since new?
Nah, since 30k miles. It was $200 to replace the axle and probably around $250 when it's time to replace the wheel bearing.

I bought a 2015 pearl white EXL 2 months ago as a certified used car with 29k miles from a local Honda dealer. I bought it to drive 1,000+ miles a week, 90% highway. It has a CVT, so I'll be updating my mileage regularly along with any issues I run in to. I have a full warranty until 100k but I seriously doubt I'll need it for much. I've driven 10,000 miles since I bought it right after Christmas and so far zero issues. Sitting at 39,250 miles.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #40 ·
I bought a 2015 pearl white EXL 2 months ago as a certified used car with 29k miles from a local Honda dealer. I bought it to drive 1,000+ miles a week, 90% highway. It has a CVT, so I'll be updating my mileage regularly along with any issues I run in to. I have a full warranty until 100k but I seriously doubt I'll need it for much. I've driven 10,000 miles since I bought it right after Christmas and so far zero issues. Sitting at 39,250 miles.
Awesome! Welcome to the forum and welcome to the R18 club. I drive 700 miles a week give or take a little, so I've been racking them up quickly. I'm looking forward to watching those miles rack up!

21 - 40 of 177 Posts