9th Gen Civic Forum banner

101 - 120 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
2014 civic ex cvt sedan 140,708. I put roughly about 100k miles on it since may 2016. Oil changes every 7k with eneos 0w20 synthetic and napa platinum filter, transmission change every 25-30k eneos eco cvt fluid. Other than air filter, cabin filter, and tires nothing much has been changed.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
2014 civic ex cvt sedan 140,708. I put roughly about 100k miles on it since may 2016. Oil changes every 7k with eneos 0w20 synthetic and napa platinum filter, transmission change every 25-30k eneos eco cvt fluid. Other than air filter, cabin filter, and tires nothing much has been changed.
This is awesome! Thanks for sharing your high miles. I'm glad the CVT is holding up beautifully.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
End of month mileage is 63,755 miles.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had a 2012 ex with almost 100k in 2016. Went thru 3 sets of wheels, did the trans fluid twice and and there's an external filter also for the 5spd which I liked. I didn't like the new 2016 so I traded it in for the last 2015 ex in beginning of 2016. It came with lifetime free oil changes 4x a year because of my high milage driving. Just did the brakes with stoptech sports rotors, new wheels and tires, activated carbon cabin filter and wheel alignment with recent oil change. I'm at 52.7k miles will do a cvt fluid change next. The cvt has a internal filter which I'm not gonna do and not liking the cvt. I also swapped my knn drop in filter and blox magnetic oil drain plug from my 2012 to 2015 civic.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Forgot to do the end of month for December, so my current mileage is 65,937.

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
So far, all I read is low mileage on 9th gens. assuming they are taken care of. A Honda Civic 9th gen. (can't say that for the DI, turbo Civics with CVT's) are half million mile if not more cars IF taken care of. I'm coming up on 257K miles on a Nissan. If that can do it, surely a Honda can. My 9th gen. is used as intended, an economy car, and not modded with the fantasy it will outrun Mustang GT's. So there, ; )

·
Registered
41 Posts
The Civic has been my only car since I sold the CR-V to my friend/roommate and lately I've been doing a lot of driving in addition to my 500 mile weekly commute. Between my Mom being in the hospital and having family in town (and me living so far out from everything and everyone) etc. I did a couple 1,000 mile weeks (including having to drive 500 mile round trip to pick someone up who flew into the wrong airport in South Florida (Ft. Lauderdale) and I live in North/Central Florida. The poor car never stops. Hard to believe I'm already over 70k and I started with 29k last Christmas Eve. I have to say, though, it has been pretty flawless. I've only had to replace the battery. My hood is full of touch up paint from the rock chips and my windshield is pitted with a few small cracks...but that is highway life. The original Michelin Primacy tires are nearing the end of their lifespan...I may get to 80-85,000 out of them tops. Otherwise, it still feels like a new car.

101 - 120 of 160 Posts