9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone, this is my first post. I have a 2013 Honda Civic Ex AT daily driver (~100 miles daily) and looking to put a little more "umph" in this mofo haha. My other cars are turboed and I do enjoy TCs immensely, but am open to SCs as well. Money is not an issue and I'm not intending this car to race anyone. It's tracked. I just want to make it more fun to drive on my daily commute with an emphasis on torque. I have read numerous threads of which @Nix and @Team3D s knowledge of the matter really helped.

I have an automatic transmission and am getting a Derale transmission cooler and reading the guide @Nix made (thank you) and will get a level 10 torque converter if required. My goals are 200-250 WHP and 180+ WTQ. From Nix's wisdom I've come to the understanding that our transmission is the same 5SPD that's in the RDX, which has 240 hp.

I'm not looking for anything crazy, I have other cars for that 😉. I don't want an Si, if I did I would have gotten one or two. The R18 is an extremely reliable engine with fantastic mpg (driver dependent) and was my first car, so it holds sentimental value.

My current setup,

Truhart struts

Skunk 2 springs

Eibach front and rear sway bars

Moog endlinks

Wilwood Forged Narrow Superlite 6Rs (6 piston)

Injen CAI

Konig Oversteer 18x8

Kuhmo 235/40/R18s

Borla Axleback Exhaust

I started this project two weekends ago from stock and it has been fun (that air intake was a bi**h getting out). I'll post pictures soon. Now I want to explore power options. I contacted FullRace and their TC will fit 9th gens, but the charge piping will need modification. My question mostly pertains to SCs. Has anyone had any luck mounting a JRSC/Kraftwerks onto the 9th gen? Any information is greatly apprecieted. Thank you.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've heard some success stories of turbo automatics. Autos really need proper cooling so you'd need a really good cooling setup and possibly a better ATF fluid for higher torque.

As for power you're limited to about 200wtrq 210whp.

Easiest setup would be a supercharger I'd go with the Kraftwerks kit. I've heard them say that it should bolt right up the the 2012 civic (defiantly don't take my word for this). The 2011 civic is nearly identical so I couldn't see it being off by much.

Other route would be a turbo kit you could buy the manifold from full race (with an adapter plate you could put any turbo on it) and their intercooler kit, but the rest of the fitting would be up to you. These cars aren't really hard to work on it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've heard some success stories of turbo automatics. Autos really need proper cooling so you'd need a really good cooling setup and possibly a better ATF fluid for higher torque.

As for power you're limited to about 200wtrq 210whp.

Easiest setup would be a supercharger I'd go with the Kraftwerks kit. I've heard them say that it should bolt right up the the 2012 civic (defiantly don't take my word for this). The 2011 civic is nearly identical so I couldn't see it being off by much.

Other route would be a turbo kit you could buy the manifold from full race (with an adapter plate you could put any turbo on it) and their intercooler kit, but the rest of the fitting would be up to you. These cars aren't really hard to work on it.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I saw your videos on YouTube btw, amazing work. I was hearing so many different things on the SC not bolting properly or something since they're for the 8th gens. There was a guy named Jake adding one I believe, but he never got around to updating his progress to my knowledge. Thanks again.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Can you show photos of how you installed the Hella horns on your car and what bracket did you used. I been wanting to add them to my car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi, I used the following to install the Hella Horns onto the crash beam. It won't let me link anything since I'm too new. but here are the exact names of the L brackets and horn relay kit (~$12).

1x iJDMTOY (1 12V Horn Wiring Harness Relay Kit for Car Truck Grille Mount Blast Tone Horns)

2x L Brackets (5 in. Zinc-Plated Corner Brace). You can also use flat brackets of a similar size if you like. You can get them at Home Depot for $2-$3 each.

2x bolts/washers/nuts

2x self tapping screws

I spray painted the brackets black so they wouldn't show up (probably didn't even need to since the grille covers it up pretty well). Once you screw it into the crash beam you can bend them forward slowly. Measure the distance between each inside corner of your headlight and mark accordingly to line them up.

I can take some pictures soon. You splice the horn power on the relay to the stock horn wiring and then attach a ground wire to a nearby bolt. Also the Hella Horn relay that comes in the box won't work (at least for me) so use the relay that came with the wiring harness.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha first time I rolled fenders, I got this tool off Amazon and went at it. Luckily the heat gun helped a ton and the paint didn't chip as much as I thought it would.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I love wilwoods and all but whyd you go with such an expensive brake kit?
Is was more of a personal preference based on safety, wanting to track the car to its potential, and having some of the best brakes for my car. Hawk pads, SS lines, Dot 4, and Stoptech rotors would have sufficed. It is kinda overkill for this car though lol. Got a pretty sweet deal on them though!

Nice work, i like the sentimental aspect.
How light are those wheels?
Thank you! The 18s are 20 pounds. I'll try to take better photos when the sun is out!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts