9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m hoping that with 9th gen civic being mainstream for a while, there are streamlined turbo kits and tuning options. What are they? What problems have occurred with your own R18 turbo civics? Avoidable? Inevitable? I just paid off the civic, was going to upgrade the car, but figured I’d have some fun with this one as resale value won’t be the best.

i still like the car very much just getting tired of how gutless it is. I wanna turbo the thing, I don’t need it to be a 400HP monster. It’s not really a daily for me at the moment either with my work vehicle.

so tell me your woes, would you turbo it again? Was it worth it? Do you really wish you he just got an Si?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Unless your doing all the fab and install yourself, I'd factor $10k on a turbo set up.
I did it, I don't like breaking dreams, but a turbo is much cheaper than what makes it work.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Check out @RRCoupe and his build

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
640 Posts
Ah I see I see. How reliable is your set up? You regret it?
Reliable so far, but I don't daily it. It's also the Si. I recommend reading what Dpetro linked, and doing some searches here.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have posted a lot about how to install the Full Race 8th gen turbo kit to the 9th gen. What exhaust I used. Install and removal. Looking to spend about 7200 not including your tuning and hondata. If you chose the same setup as mine. My profile and posts have all the info you need on it. Problems, concerns all that. Search it up, good info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts