9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FOR PEOPLE THAT ARE GONNA SAY THAT ITS STUPID OR SHOULD'VE GOTTEN A SI OR SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T CONTRIBUTE TO THIS STAY OUT. I was just wondering if the 8thgen r18 turbo with work with the 9thgen r18s

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
Biggest challenge I can imagine you'd encounter is tuning that thing. You may be able to piggy-back an 8th gen ECU to your 9th gen, but a tuning solution for the 9th gen cars has been very hard to come by, even for those who have an Si. It really may be a few years before you see a tune you can do with the R18.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
FOR PEOPLE THAT ARE GONNA SAY THAT ITS STUPID OR SHOULD'VE GOTTEN A SI OR SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T CONTRIBUTE TO THIS STAY OUT. I was just wondering if the 8thgen r18 turbo with work with the 9thgen r18s
Probably not the best idea to start off a post like that. Most people on this forum don't have the hate virus, and if someone says something stupid just ignore em. That being said, you should've gotten an si! :rotfl:
jk! Foo is spot on with this one. Tuning is gonna be a biotch. We're all pining away for a tuning solution, so the only way youre gonna be able to turbo will involve a piggyback like foo said or an ecu changeout. Which will create a whole new set of problems/challenges to overcome.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Its the interface thats the problem. The 9th gen is still too new for joe schmo to hook his pc up to it and boom! Even bisimoto used an 8th gen ecu in his 1000 hp 9th gen coupe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts