9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The 2012 Honda Civic Si underwhelmed many enthusiasts, and thanks to that backlash, Honda now makes the Civic Si HFP (Honda Factory Performance), which is the focus of a short video just released by the company.

To show off the cars true colors, SCCA Pro Racing World Challenge driver Shea Holbrook was brought in to a closed off airstrip, and given the keys to the Si HFP. Comparing it to her race spec Civic, Holbrook notes that while many of the components are changed, the ‘bones’ of the car remain the same. The key message in the short video, called ‘The Push’, is letting the world know that Honda’s race ready Civic is actually very similar to the regular Civic.

The HFP package includes a complete aero kit and rear spoiler, lowering springs and shocks, 18-inch wheels with high performance summer tires and red floormats. “When you drive the Civic Si, you can really feel Honda’s racing heritage. It’s almost like all those great Honda drivers from the past are in the car with you,” said Shea Holbrook. “Our car is a bit lighter and more aggressively tuned but other than that, it’s the same vehicle. The bonus is that consumers get the comfy seats and killer audio system with their models.”

You can read AutoGuide’s review of the Civic Si HFP here.
Watch the Shea Holbrook compare her race car and the Civic Si HFP at AutoGuide.com

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
They make it sound like the HFP deal was response to bad reviews. It was what was shown that first showing car show!! All the HFP is - pretty wheels, aero kit and stiffer suspension components.

Yeah, you can really feel the difference between the two setups but if you want a true HFP monster to go brag about, throw it up to 220 hp, 7600 rpm redline, 180 ft.lb. torque and 25 mm sway bars front and back. That'd be the BEAST!!!!!

Oh yeah, bigger slotted brakes.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Shed 400 pounds with a spartan interior, delete sunroof and gimme just one seat while you are at it too FooBird!

Gotta be 25 hp in those red floor mats alone.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I agree. My only complaint with my si is the power. I feel like this motor could have been tuned to at LEAST 220 hp from factory. I would even go to say they would have had people going crazy trying to trade in 8th gens for a 20-30 hp difference.
My friend has a k20 powered 03 si (the egg) with bolt ons and a tune, He was shocked when he drove my car... he expected more.

I'm not to worried... I'll get the stance just right this year and focus on saving..... as soon as she is paid off a full race turbo kit will fix the watered down k24.

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
I'm working on it 9Gen. I'm working on it - one dust bunny at a time. I'm pulling Eibach sways later this year...sometime.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Stock out of the box this generation of the Si is what I expected. Slightly underpowered for the chasis just like the others I have owned. But I never did have red floor mats so I would not know how much that improves the power output.

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
Like you said, at least 25 hp

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
I heard those special HFP badges lower the coefficient of drag. What say you professor?

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
I heard those special HFP badges lower the coefficient of drag. What say you professor?
Hell yeah they do. At least 50%!!

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
They sell those on ebay don't they? If you get JDM badges I bet they work better.

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
Gotta watch out, too much and you fly away.

·
Registered
173 Posts
damn i hear so many people complaining about the 9thgen it makes me sick..If your so unhappy about the car trade it in or better yet you shouldnt have bought it in the first place..I like the way my si rides and looks

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
Haha. Wouldn't trade it in for a second, I speak for myself and what I know for 9GenSi here. No complaining here, just kidding around. Good call though - no complaining here.

Back to the review - Shea can drive my car anytime. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Lol realllyyy!!!!!

As if!

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Lol the video is kinda a joke thingy :p

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
I wanted to just put " 'k " but it said it was too short of a post.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
I guess I was being a bit harsh on the HFP package. Especially for a guy that is planning on installing the suspension parts as soon as they are available locally. You don't put more miles on one than anybody else in the USA by being a hater. No complaints here about my car and I just turned 24,000 miles in 9 months so I know it pretty well.

I can't think of a better car for my needs that is currently available.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.