9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all!

I have a 2015 Civic SI coupe. Last night I disconnected the battery to change out the headlight bulbs. And when I plugged it all back in, I was asked for a radio code. I know other SI owners have not been asked for a radio code. For some reason I have a radio code. There is no sticker in the glove box, there is no radio code in the service manual, and I was not given an Anti-Theft ID card.

I was trying to retrieve the radio code through Honda's website, but it requires the VIN and the device serial number. How do I obtain the device serial number? the new SI have a touch screen module, so I can't do the 1-6 preset radio method to obtain the serial number.

Thanks in advance!

PS: I already called my dealer, but they have yet to get back in contact with me.

***EDIT: How to obtain device serial number with a touchscreen radio

1) Hold down the Power Button, the Eject Button, and the (not illuminated) Home Button for a few seconds. You will hear some winding noises.
2) A diagnostics screen will pop up with two options. (I do not recall what the options said as they are long options), but you will click the BOTTOM option
3) Click on DA Unit, and this will take you to a screen with a few of the radio's information. The serial number being one of them.
4) Press return on the top right corner to go back to keypad screen

For the newer SIs, as many have said, a radio code is not needed. All you have to do is hold the power button down for anywhere from 4 seconds to 10 seconds. In the case this does not work, (such as my case) the radio code can be obtained through Honda's website using the VIN number and the serial number obtained from the method above.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Look in the black book package that would've had your manual and spare key in it. They put the radio code on a plastic card in there.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
i thought there was a sticker in the glove box that gives it....i think that is what the manual states..

but you said you don't have one....i'm assuming you bought it brand new...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Look in the black book package that would've had your manual and spare key in it. They put the radio code on a plastic card in there.
All that was in there (besides the manual and service manual) was the card of the sales person who sold me the car. I'll check again, maybe it was tucked away. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
There us usually a sticker on the side of the glovebox and there is usually a card in the manual as well...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i thought there was a sticker in the glove box that gives it....i think that is what the manual states..

but you said you don't have one....i'm assuming you bought it brand new...
I thought there would be a sticker there too, but no sticker on the outer or inner sides of the glove box. And yes, I did buy it new. Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Bunch of N(.)(.)bs in here. I have 2014 Si and I don't have the code. All you have to do is press and hold radio power button for 4 seconds and you should here a beep sound.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bunch of N(.)(.)bs in here. I have 2014 Si and I don't have the code. All you have to do is press and hold radio power button for 4 seconds and you should here a beep sound.
Tried that as well, after reading through the forums. Held the power button down, heard a beeping sound, and it stayed on the code screen. Will try it again, just to be sure. Thanks!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you have nav or just regular touchscreen radio?
Its a regular touchscreen radio. Just got off with Honda though and got it fixed!

Updating original post on how to obtain the serial number

Thanks everyone for the help and feedback!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was trying to retrieve the radio code through Honda's website, but it requires the VIN and the device serial number. How do I obtain the device serial number? the new SI have a touch screen module, so I can't do the 1-6 preset radio method to obtain the serial number.

1) Hold down the Power Button, the Eject Button, and the (not illuminated) Home Button for a few seconds. You will hear some winding noises.
2) A diagnostics screen will pop up with two options. (I do not recall what the options said as they are long options), but you will click the BOTTOM option
3) Click on DA Unit, and this will take you to a screen with a few of the radio's information. The serial number being one of them.

For the newer SIs, as many have said, a radio code is not needed. All you have to do is hold the power button down for anywhere from 4 seconds to 10 seconds. In the case this does not work, (such as my case) the radio code can be obtained through Honda's website using the VIN number and the serial number obtained from the method above.
I had an even worse case scenario, where the above method would not work on our 2015 Civic Hybrid. A radio code card was NOT included with our documents, nor recorded in any of the manuals (sigh!). We hit the dealership, where they tried the same methods we already went through to no avail. Ultimately, they disconnected both cables from the battery and held the two together for a while (less than a minute) to bleed any residual charge from the system, then reconnected everything whereupon the radio then allowed a bypassed startup (hallelujah!) At that point, the code could be retrieved for future use with Jagger's method.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Jagger,

Thank you so much for posting this. It just happen to my 2015 Si and nobody at Honda could help me. I called two useless dealers, and they were rude and useless. I called corporate Honda and they where useless, just giving me the same response: "Press and hold the power button for 10 - 15 seconds." I came across your answer by doing a google search on: Honda Civic 2015 radio code issue.

This is a real concern that Honda dealers or corporate did not know how to fix this, they had no clue, the corporate call center lady keep putting me on hold while she contact her technicians and unbelievably they did not know the answer either.

You save me a lot of headaches bro, again thank you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all!

I have a 2015 Civic SI coupe. Last night I disconnected the battery to change out the headlight bulbs. And when I plugged it all back in, I was asked for a radio code. I know other SI owners have not been asked for a radio code. For some reason I have a radio code. There is no sticker in the glove box, there is no radio code in the service manual, and I was not given an Anti-Theft ID card.

Thanks in advance!

PS: I already called my dealer, but they have yet to get back in contact with me.

Thank you! This worked on my 2015 Civic Hybrid. (The home touch screen button is in the top left just below the power button). I select the bottom option to display info, then another option labeled "unit Check" then DA Unit.

(I had already taken car to the honda dealer but the couldn't figure it out. They wanted me to leave the car so they could pull the sound system out of the dashboard.and charge me.)

·
Banned
8 Posts
Hi all!

I have a 2015 Civic SI coupe. Last night I disconnected the battery to change out the headlight bulbs. And when I plugged Nox Vidmate VLC it all back in, I was asked for a radio code. I know other SI owners have not been asked for a radio code. For some reason I have a radio code. There is no sticker in the glove box, there is no radio code in the service manual, and I was not given an Anti-Theft ID card.

Thanks in advance!

It just happen to my 2015 Si and nobody at Honda could help me. I called two useless dealers, and they were rude and useless. I called corporate Honda and they where useless, just giving me the same response: "Press and hold the power button for 10 - 15 seconds.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts