9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Radio security code

When I got my 2000 civic si it came with a card that had the radio serial number and security code on it, but with my 2012 I can't find that card. Not sure if they still put those in. I did find a sticker on the service history log/manual, it has a 5 digit number and then below a 15 digit set of letters and numbers. Would this be it? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I just think that our radio doesn't have security at all.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Per the specs:

Standard:
AM/FM stereo, seek-scan, in-dash mounted single CD, MP3 decoder, remote CD compatible, 7, amplifier, theft deterrent, window grid antenna, radio steering wheel controls

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I checked the manual and it says that SN and code is on a label in the owner's manual kit. I'll check with the dealer about it.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I checked the manual and it says that SN and code is on a label in the owner's manual kit. I'll check with the dealer about it.
You sure? I found the page but it says "Not available on all models"?

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Yeah you would have to call your Dealer i think.
The Honda Owner Link has a link to retrieve Radio Code. So if you are signed up there i think you might be able to get it too...
Good luck, report back!

·
Registered
597 Posts
I don't have a radio code too, and no where to find it. I have an EX-L. Owner Link allows you to SAVE radio code and RETRIEVE it there, not to provide you a radio code from Honda.

·
Registered
597 Posts
From looking at the pictures it seems LX doesn't have a radio card while EX, EX-L and Si does?

·
Registered
2 Posts
The sticker in the service history log are your codes. The smaller number on top is the code, the larger number on the bottom is the radio serial number.

We have an EX-L Nav and at first I was looking for two codes -- one for the radio and one for the NAV. Turns out they are both in the one unit (no control unit for DVD since the maps are now downloaded). The online help does not cover this at all. The old Theft Code card no longer applies to the 2012.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I don't have any sticker on the service log??

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
I just got my 2012 RR Civic Si Sedan last night and some how I think it doesn't have a radio security code. Since my Si was from the showroom floor, battery wasn't fully charged and died so they had to jump it a couple of times. I think the battery doesn't come fully charged anyway for showroom models. So I start the car, nothing happens, they jump the battery, and then everything comes on and the radio still works. I would assume the i-mid screen would prompt you to enter the radio code but it didn't. (My 2003 Honda Civic Si would prompt you to input the code). So we turned off the car. Then later I wanted to take it for a test drive and same thing happended. The battery had to be charged and after it was charged, there was no prompt for the radio code. But when I checked the glove department, on the side, there is a sticker with the VIN and a 5 digit code.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Sign up to the Honda owner link. I saw a link on there to retrieve the code. I haven't tried it but I'm sure that's the way. On 2007 I took out the navigation and got the serial number. Gave it to my dealer and they got it in minutes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Device Code - Nav / Radio Unit

The Device Code on the Nav /Radio unit can be found on the Nav Unit Infromation Screen. With this and the VIN number, you can get the code from Honda Link. Not sure how you would get it with a standard radio.

In my case there was a sticker on first page of the PDI checklist in the Service Log book. THe sticker had the code (shorter number) on the first row and the Device Code (longer number) underneath it. THe sticker did not include any capitons to tell you what the numbers are. Our care was just delivered and buit in Canada.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
I know on the EP3, all you need to do is press 1 & 6, hold on to it with the key in ACC and it should show you the serial code to your radio. Then you can call Honda or drop by to honda and give them the serial code and the can give you the radio security code.

I did this when I replaced the battery on my EP3. Got the serial code and drove to honda and they gave me the radio security code.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Had to input the radio code in a 2007 Civic yesterday. It was in the manual under the section Anti-Theft, Radio. It was a little sticker that I guess the dealer put in the manual. I'll try to remember to check the same on the 2012.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts