9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, so after I get an auto dimming rearview mirror installed, the next mod I want to do to my car is rain-sensing wipers, which as you probably know, weren't available on the 9th-generation Civic (or its Acura counterpart). So I'll need to wire in my own circuit. Two questions: 1. Are universal-fit rain sensors available? 2. Where can I find the "T" connector that the wiper stalk plugs into? My plan is to have my circuit connect to the existing wiper stalk in "series" so that it essentially "replaces" the wiper stalk. When the stalk is in any position but maximum-intensity intermittent (the position which runs the wipers at full speed when the car is moving and runs them intermittently when the car is stationery), the wipers will behave as normal, but when the stalk is in that position, that's when the rain sensor will run the wipers.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Holy smokes! I was always upset my 12' Civic didn't have auto dimming rear view mirror, and my 04-05' cars did. That's B.A. you did that. I hope you do write ups on this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
They will be utilized for setting affectability of the sensor. First situation from the left is for the least and right to the privilege would be greatest. I for the most part am 2 ticks from left to right. You can glance in the proprietors manual too for additional clarification. Likewise, (not certain why) on the off chance that you start your Tiguan and it's coming down you need to manual beginning the wipers (this is the equivalent in my Alltrack that accompanied auto detecting wipers), I generally simply move the affectability a single tick and back to the first position.
Kodi nox

1 - 4 of 4 Posts