9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When it starts to rain, I can hear raining.
It feels like rain is coming into my car!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Rain going into yur car? From where?

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,768 Posts
When it rains, I can hear it too. Are you getting wet? What do you mean it feels like rain is coming into the car? It rains a lot here in the greater Seattle (especially the last few days) and I haven't had any problems with rain getting into my car unless I leave the moonroof or windows open...which doesn't happen.

That being said, the sound isolation material in the roof is almost non-existent but so it was that way in the other cars I've owned previously.

·
Registered
212 Posts
When it starts to rain, I can hear raining.
It feels like rain is coming into my car!
Yes! I exactly know what you mean. I sounds like rain going down a gutter. But the sound for me is coming from my driver side window at the back. I thought it was the weatherstripping but I don't know how its happening.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Just a tiny sounding roof!? I notice this when i went through a car wash once! never again!

·
that cranky admin
6,077 Posts
Yes! I exactly know what you mean. I sounds like rain going down a gutter. But the sound for me is coming from my driver side window at the back. I thought it was the weatherstripping but I don't know how its happening.
I have that too! It sounds like running water trickling through a crevice.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yea I checked my entire drivers side window. Can't find anything that would cause the sound.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Do you have a sun roof? Or moon roof? I can't remember which is which. Either way I can hear mine when it rains very clearly in the pillars behind the driver and passenger seat. I do remember that they put drainage tubes in the roof so that the roof doesn't leak. I think it runs through the pillars behind the drivers side and passenger side. I kinda always assumed that's what it was. Anyone else know about these?

*Edit* Found this schematic. I think its the drain tubes you can hear.

Attachments

Reactions: kuma9164 and Digger

·
Registered
212 Posts
What!!!! Lol I do so I guess that explains that noise. Thanks for the info. Another thing that wont be bugging me :D

·
Registered
566 Posts
I get the water "trickling" sound, too. It freaked me out at first as it sounded like water leaking into the car. I guess it must be rain collecting in the gap between the B-pillar trim and the glass. It's a little annoying, t be honest. I've never heard a sound like this in any other car.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have a LX with no sunroof,but i keep having that sound when it is raining. The first time i heard it,i thought my door was not close properly. The second time i knew that must be something,but can't figure out what...

Do you have a sun roof? Or moon roof? I can't remember which is which. Either way I can hear mine when it rains very clearly in the pillars behind the driver and passenger seat. I do remember that they put drainage tubes in the roof so that the roof doesn't leak. I think it runs through the pillars behind the drivers side and passenger side. I kinda always assumed that's what it was. Anyone else know about these?

*Edit* Found this schematic. I think its the drain tubes you can hear.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Every single car is built with rain channels if not water would sit and create rust, places you think are air tight really are not water gets in and thus the rain channels no big deal. You wanna permanently fix the noise so u cant hear it, turn your volume up.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
I hear more of an impact of rain on a hard surface sound. Like off the pillar on the passenger side when driving in heavy rain.

Reactions: kuma9164

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Haven't had any rain here since I got my car. It's almost that time of year though so maybe I'll experience this soon.

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Haven't had any rain here since I got my car. It's almost that time of year though so maybe I'll experience this soon.
I agree!

I hear hissing and bubbling and raining inside the engine bay of my winter beater :wooo:

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Only solution I can think of is dynomating those areas in insulate the sounds.
for a second i thought you wanted me to dynamite my engine

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
That could also be a solution but im pretty sure that will cause other problems...
hahaha only way to tell is try it and find out! Can't get much worse! LOL!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 24 Posts