9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 7043 Posts

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all have pet peeves. I could write a list of mine that would probably take a couple of days to finish. I don't have time for that but I will state ONE that, if people wouldn't do this behavioral thing, the world would literally be a different place.

And that pet peeve is: people not doing what they say they are going to do. This frustrates me to no end. It's a fault as bad as lying and, in fact, it is a form of lying. If you're not going to do something you said you're going to do then just f--king say you're not going to do it!!! Is it THAT hard??? These people are not my friends and never will be.

OK, I feel so much better now....; )

What ONE thing is your pet peeve that would have a world changing affect if it didn't exist? :eusa_clap:

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,075 Posts
Lying.

Especially by politicians.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
@Roadcourse I feel ya man, your pet peeve drives me mad!! I also have a laundry list of them but the one coming forward is...

PEOLPE WHO ARE LATE!!!!! Don't you have a watch and a phone and a laptop and a tablet and a mp3 player and a car that tell you the F'n time!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!! At least have the courtesy to notify them.

Unless something major happened I'm not late, in fact I am usually early. Wasting peoples time is simply disrespectful.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
When people are on their cell phone when we're having a conversation or while they are checking out at the store or restaurant. Pretty much any situation involving communication with another human being and being on your phone.

I can seriously think of almost nothing ruder than that. Unless you're the CEO of a Fortune 500 company, there is nothing so important that cannot wait the 5 minutes it takes to exchange courtesies with the person in front of you.

Younger people are really bad with this, and sadly these days most jobs don't allow you to say "Can you please not?". It drives me nuts when adults do it though - you're old enough to know better. Get over yourself.

·
Snake Eyes
1,648 Posts
I really hate it when I am stuck behind a car going 12 miles per hour UNDER the speed limit. Then, I get a chance to pass ahead of them and I look over at the driver and he/she is stuffing his/her face with a double cheeseburger and they are on their cellphone texting. These f##king people think they are such amazing multitaskers being able to eat, text, and drive but they are actually a nuisance and I literally wish I had a battering ram on my front bumper to plow these super douches off the road!! In my state it's illegal to use cellphones for any purpose while driving, yet everybody does it anyway. I literally get all road raged out and want to break a jaw or two. That, and bad tippers at work. If you can't afford to tip (assuming service and foods was perfect) then you can't afford to eat out.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
995 Posts
People who whip there car door open and slam it into a civic. = door ding. And it does not even faze them.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,075 Posts
People don't say hello or goodbye on the phone anymore because it's not done in movies or on TV because it interrupts the flow of the dialogue, so people do it less in real life. Just plain rude, if you ask me.

·
Snake Eyes
1,648 Posts
People don't say hello or goodbye on the phone anymore because it's not done in movies or on TV because it interrupts the flow of the dialogue, so people do it less in real life. Just plain rude, if you ask me.
Agreed. Sometimes a simple phrase, or even a word, can make a huge difference.

·
Registered
359 Posts
How about just a greeting and a send off? I usually start with good morning/afternoon/evening when I answer my cell. Rarely hello.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,075 Posts
How about just a greeting and a send off? I usually start with good morning/afternoon/evening when I answer my cell. Rarely hello.
Absolutely. That would be fine - the same intention and meaning as 'hello.' I occasionally get nothing, especially from younger people. It seems the only training they get is what they have seen on TV.

·
Snake Eyes
1,648 Posts
Absolutely. That would be fine - the same intention and meaning as 'hello.' I occasionally get nothing, especially from younger people. It seems the only training they get is what they have seen on TV.
Scotty! What happened to your avatar? Dude, you owned that joker avatar!! Everytime I see the joker anywhere, your name pops up in my head. Just saying bro. :)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Barely ever watch TV, probably why I still greet people on the phone! TV is incredibly overrated anyways.

I agree with the Pet Peeve about the drivers that go 10MPH below the speed limit or even more. It's just as dangerous as speeding for many reasons (hence the minimum speed signs on some highways!) It drives me insane, especially when you go to pass them and they speed up to the limit real quick.

·
Snake Eyes
1,648 Posts
Barely ever watch TV, probably why I still greet people on the phone! TV is incredibly overrated anyways.

I agree with the Pet Peeve about the drivers that go 10MPH below the speed limit or even more. It's just as dangerous as speeding for many reasons (hence the minimum speed signs on some highways!) It drives me insane, especially when you go to pass them and they speed up to the limit real quick.
Right!?!?

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,075 Posts
Scotty! What happened to your avatar? Dude, you owned that joker avatar!! Everytime I see the joker anywhere, your name pops up in my head. Just saying bro. :)

I don't know. I just felt like a change.

Now, instead of people asking me why I'm so serious, maybe they'll ask me if I like to move it move it.

·
Registered
605 Posts
What ONE thing is your pet peeve that would have a world changing affect if it didn't exist? :eusa_clap:
Parenting in the United States. And here is why....

At some point the U.S. fell off the wagon in raising kids properly. There are too many divorces, too many lazy parents on top of the steady divorce rate. Who gets left in the dust? The kids.

Our society is now filled with millions that think they are entitled to whatever they feel they desire just for existing - working for or earning your way to goals isn't even a thought. And when things go wrong in their lives, they look for someone else to blame instead of taking responsibility for their actions/own lives. I have news for you, if you are one of these people: the world isn't all lollipops and gummy bears. Some people bust their ass and create a multi-billion dollar company (and live really well because of their efforts), other people make bad decisions and end up living under a bridge for a lot of their lives. The world meets no one halfway. Get over it.

Youth sports is now a proverbial machine for big college scholarships in the hopes that the next big professional contract will be in the future. Whatever happened to playing sports for fun, and to teach kids that sometimes in life you win - but you will lose a lot of times too - and when you lose, you have to suck it up and learn from your mistakes???

Instant gratification is the norm, lack of patience are two mainstays in our culture as a result. Our society craves the biggest and worst stories RIGHT NOW, and this has created a giant group of 'journalists' that 'report' on the most useless nonsense they can find in the hopes that the results are huge ratings or huge sales of a publication.

I could keep going, but I will stop. Sure, not everything I've mentioned is soley to blame on the implosion of the family institution in America, but as a youth you learn your values and morals at home. It's where it all starts.

So if you are a parent, or about to become one (like I am) - take pride in your job as a role model for your kids. Our country is depending on it.

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have to agree with all of what was posted up here.

ApextoApex, you nailed it. When the parents need parenting, the child doesn't have a chance. I'll go back to my post on "The Greatest Generation". These great people are dying off and their work ethic, moral fiber, simple but firm values have nearly faded away. I reject "heathens" that don't know how to behave and I may be an a-hole but I simply don't want to be around people that don't know how to act and don't care about anyone but themselves. "Me" people suck. They suck our money from the government and feed government malfeasance.

Keep it going. Maybe this forum will change the country. It doesn't appear to me that, as a group, we're hurting the country. Oh, and have I ever said, "vote the bastards OUT"?

1 - 20 of 7043 Posts