7041 - 7060 of 7072 Posts

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,343 Posts
There we go.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Looking over the r/civic sub, which is now like 98% 10th gen owners, makes me cringe so hard. So many posts of a washed or waxed cars or stupid ass pics of someone parking next to another one. Getting really close to dumping that place.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Looking over the r/civic sub, which is now like 98% 10th gen owners, makes me cringe so hard. So many posts of a washed or waxed cars or stupid ass pics of someone parking next to another one. Getting really close to dumping that place.
Check out my bone stock LX parked next to another LX, really dig his hubcaps! Its like being excited to see a camry in the wild.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,237 Posts
Tired of staying at home so I decided to go out for a short drive today. Drove through a strip mall near my house and I was surprised how busy it was not too different from any regular Saturday afternoon also saw close to a dozen Honda guys mostly Type R's having a meet WTF had enough and drove home after that.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,343 Posts
A lot of people have had enough.

I can remember feeling invincible when I was younger (and being able to give less of a sh*t than I do now), and might have done the same thing.

Maybe.

But I am somewhat lucky that I have a whole slew of things to do through this stay-at-home period. Today I will be building shelves in the shed, working on the VW again, filing paperwork, emptying boxes, and spackling a wall.

Don't kid yourself, though, I won't get it all done today, which is a good thing since I'm not going anywhere for a while still.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Im starting week 4 of temporary layoff. I limited myself to 1 project per day, and currently don't have materials to do much else.
Really really wish I had Methanol Injection kit before all this, and could tinker with the car. Really trying to lie to myself and say ordering it would be helpful, as I'd be supporting the economy. Sadly, this thought process won't work on my wife, I believe she would quickly collect on the life insurance policy.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,237 Posts
Im starting week 4 of temporary layoff. I limited myself to 1 project per day, and currently don't have materials to do much else.
Really really wish I had Methanol Injection kit before all this, and could tinker with the car. Really trying to lie to myself and say ordering it would be helpful, as I'd be supporting the economy. Sadly, this thought process won't work on my wife, I believe she would quickly collect on the life insurance policy.
My wife has been off work for a month. I work in the liquor industry and business has been booming up 40% from last year other than that I dilly dally around the house to stay busy. ?

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,343 Posts
My wife has been off work for a month. I work in the liquor industry and business has been booming up 40% from last year other than that I dilly dally around the house to stay busy. ?
I believe it. I'm drinking 40% more, on average.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,343 Posts
So I got the shed done. Of course, it's not just putting up shelves. Hadda make the shelves and the brackets. And gather up the tools. And empty the shed. And rearrange everything and put back only what is going to stay in there cuz you know how crap accumulates in sheds. And garages. And basements.

Part of the reason for all this was yet another life change. Actually, I moved back to where I had once lived due to a reconciliation. And in those intervening years, things were not kept up with, so I'm playing catchup with the house.

I'm working from home for about half the day so I have time in the afternooon to get things done that I wouldn't be able to do if I was doing the regular 2 way commute to school.

I'll get to the rest as the week goes by.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,343 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm new to this forum. One thing I don't like is the lack of information even though you are trying to search...Is it the lack of people on this forum, or the lack of people posting? Idk if this makes sense but i found out a lot of things from other sources that were not found here.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Or the fact that things are so outdated
The car is pretty well figured out, as it's not new. The search function seems to do better with one word, rather than a sentance. Or, I often Google search "9th gen XXXXX" to find stuff on this site.
Alot of other forums are set up similar to this one. Also your right, there's not a lot of members like there used to be. The "hype" is in the 10th gen now ?

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,343 Posts
Yes, I go to google and type 9thgencivic.com xxxxx and get good results that way.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Fucking HARDmotion cancelled my order after a week of nothing happening. If they're out of stock, the damn site shouldn't say they have 5 sets of coilovers I wanted. Said 5 last week, still says 5 now. Should have just bought the BC bundle deal from Saiko like I originally wanted.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Fucking HARDmotion cancelled my order after a week of nothing happening. If they're out of stock, the damn site shouldn't say they have 5 sets of coilovers I wanted. Said 5 last week, still says 5 now. Should have just bought the BC bundle deal from Saiko like I originally wanted.
That’s some bullshit. Good to know about them tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
619 Posts
That’s some bullshit. Good to know about them tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
They sent an email saying the Buddy Club N+ are discontinued now but some how not last week. Still says they have 5 sets on their site. The only thing I can find proof is out of stock is the Truhart camber arms, as on Procivic it says OTS till some point in June. Do I even need camber arms? Usually I find it's you do or don't. So I just said it **** it to getting coilovers and picked up the HFP kit instead.

7041 - 7060 of 7072 Posts