9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently installed the Razo sports accelerator pedal to help me learn heel toe downshifting. Its width and height are adjustable. I ended up having it set at max width and lowest height. Now when I step on the brake pedal, the gas pedal is about the same height and heel toe is much easier than before.

The attachment method is very solid. There is a bracket that mounts on the stock pedal. The new pedal is screwed onto the mounting bracket.

Here is what it looks like in my car

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
An update.. I still feel the pedal at its lowest height is too high when I'm braking hard. It's probably because I drive 100% on the street and don't want to blip the throttle every time I brake. So, I'll probably be ordering the matching brake and clutch pedals to raise the brake pedal up slightly, so the accelerator will not be too high when braking hard.

Their brake pedal also has adjustable width. I think with my normal sized feet, I can use a slightly wider brake pedal that moves it closer to the accelerator.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Nice! I hope you post pics once you get them installed, this is an interesting mod

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got the brake and clutch pedals installed today. I put both pieces of prorective foam inder the brake pedal to raise it slightly, so I won't hit the accelerator under hard braking. Heel toe is as easy as it could possibly be now for a beginner like me. I just roll my foot onto the accelerator without having to twist ankle.

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
About mounting: the brake and clutch pedals have rubber studs that can grip the razo pedal, so all I did was tighten it down using the plates that go behind the stock pedal. They also come with foam and double sided tape that helps mounting on stock pedals that have a rubber cover and a steel backing.

I feel they are on there pretty good

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
What a great mod! I always wanted to do something about my pedal spacing in order to make heel-toeing easier. I wanna find something similar for my current car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts