9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been thinking of a way to get around using the factory flex intake hose with the Injen "pretzel" and i figured id try a true CAI from an 8th since im running an 8th intake. it was quite a bit more work than installing the Injen but it was really worth it. my car has a lot mot=re power now. the lag is gone and it really spins the tures into second. i wanted to get this done as ive got an appointment with Vit Viper in portland this weekend. i had to fab up a way to mount the bottom bracket but it was no problem at all. im now drawing true cold air from the fenderwell through an AEM Cai matched to a Injen hydroshield. At the time the pics were taken i had the bottom tube upside down so it really goes further into the fenderwell but you get the idea. . 20130120_161407.jpg 20130120_171039.jpg 20130120_171045.jpg 20130120_171249.jpg

·
Aluminium Member
2,080 Posts
Very cool.
Like the fact you thought out of the box, no pun intended.
how's the low end torque with the shorter manifold and shorter intake?
Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its pulling very hard. revs are climbing faster. i definatly hear vtec better and it spins the tires freely into second. ill post the dyno results after this weekend.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
This is better than the 9th gen cai's out there...and less bends.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Does anyone know if a SRI from an 8th will fit?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts